Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

As the topic says, just bought our first RR evoque. From time to time “gear box fault” in yellow appears on dash. Then it won’t engage gear. And also the central locking sometimes doesn’t open some of the doors. It’s a 2013 sd4 70,000 miles.

This car is starting to worry me that if it ends up at a RR dealer it’s going to cost a fortune. We have a really good mechanic that does all our work.

It’s actually going in next week for timing belt change and transmission oil change.
Any advise much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
If it was me I'd start with the battery.
Change if it's a few years old, else charge it and see how things go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had that with mine it’s a 2013 too. Not had it since I changed the battery it’s been fine !
check how old your battery is ?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi HmmUK I think you may on the right track, it is amazing how many different fault codes can be lit up with just a low battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have spoked to previous owner (parents) and there has never been a new battery fitted and it’s 2013 so def new battery tomorrow and take it from there. Coincidentally when I started it this morning it came up battery low.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Hope this works for you...😁

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Definitely sounds like a battery problem. Hope a new one cures the faults

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yep you should be good with a new battery ! After I fitted mine I drove from France to Spain and back last winter ! Drove like a dream and not one fault pinged up ! Apart from low battery in one of my keys ! Hope you get sorted mate 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this fault on my ‘13 Evoque, the message would only come up for a few seconds on start then disappear. Sure enough battery was original, swapped it a month ago with a brand new one and haven’t had any error since!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep you should be good with a new battery ! After I fitted mine I drove from France to Spain and back last winter ! Drove like a dream and not one fault pinged up ! Apart from low battery in one of my keys ! Hope you get sorted mate 👍
Sounds promising. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had this fault on my ‘13 Evoque, the message would only come up for a few seconds on start then disappear. Sure enough battery was original, swapped it a month ago with a brand new one and haven’t had any error since!
I could have written this! My battery was 7 years old so changed it at Christmas and never seen the gearbox fault on start up since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys.

As the topic says, just bought our first RR evoque. From time to time “gear box fault” in yellow appears on dash. Then it won’t engage gear. And also the central locking sometimes doesn’t open some of the doors. It’s a 2013 sd4 70,000 miles.

This car is starting to worry me that if it ends up at a RR dealer it’s going to cost a fortune. We have a really good mechanic that does all our work.

It’s actually going in next week for timing belt change and transmission oil change.
I can see that you got the answer to what you were looking for. In March 2013, JLR changes the transmission from 6-speed auto to 9-speed auto. Which one is yours?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New battery in. All problems gone. Even central locking working great. Long may it last. Thanks for the feedback

P.s out of curiosity. Does anyone have a petrol evoque. If so what’s your mpg.

Al

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Think there some members with new petrol version mot sure on the mileage ....guessing about 8 lampposts to a fiver on the older ones 😂😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys.

Hi there .
I have this problem also but it's when am driving down the road on the motorways and so got to pull over into the hard shoulder and switch off and back on again and it resets the computer system and then drives like normal . Then few days or even a week later it happens again I've got 2015 dynamic 96000 miles but also had that problem with the steering shaft and land rover replacement and repair the problem free of charge so I'll look for the battery thing and change it thanks for the up dates on the type of problem we all be having these days ....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts