Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone opted for 'gap insurance' on their new evoque?
I've been quoted £499 by Land Rover, I guess that's the standard charge?
Is it worth it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, we were offered GAP at £399 by our dealer, but have not taken it as our insurance is new replacement if written off in the first year. You can get GAP later, therefore we will get it when the first year is up. If you google GAP return to invoice cover, you can get your Evoque covered for well under £200, definitely worth checking your insurance first and then the Internet.
Good luck, Red

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have shopped around, and will be getting my GAP insurance from:

http://www.gapinsuranceuk.net

This policy is reasonably priced, can be deferred for one year to take into account main insurance new replacement within 12 months, and also can be paid monthly at no extra charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all of you, that's interesting to see I was quoted the highest price. Some haggling to be done perhaps. .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Update - The link above is not working at present, they are upgrading the website.

I was quoted £175 for 4 years, £25,000 cover, deferred for the first year as my insurance will cover that period, on a £42,000 car.

I will re-post when the website is up and running again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
made enquiries re GAP on my last new car, Skoda Superb. dealer was quoting £400. went online and found a policy with back to new guarantee for three years for £90. After deciding not to take as changing the car chap at dealership stated that the policy costs them £90. nice little earner when margins are tight but don't be a mug and buy one at full rate. it's just an insurance policy after all

·
Registered
186 Posts
I took out GAP and wheel/tyre insurance (the latter I have never had before) as I was offered a discount by my dealer. As per a previous post, my intention was to get GAP elsewhere. The price for both was £500. I probably could have obtained better prices had I shopped around, but I had difficulty in finding suitable wheel/tyre insurance.

I would think that all dealers have room for negotiation, it is a case of asking and not accepting the initial cost quoted.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have got to agree that the GAP Insurance is not worth what the dealers are asking, and that if you do want it shop around.

For peace of mind though (in casesome muppet hits and writes off your pride and joy), it can be worth it. I've been looking around for quotes, and there are quite a few different web sites offering Gap Insurance, and I found thatit shouldn't be any more than approx £200 for me (£37k Pure) for3 years cover back to new car cover up to £25k.

I took GAP insurance combined with Tyre cover on my last car through the dealer for £400 but it was included in the 0% finance, and it made life easy, but for the previous car I bought after market GAP Insurance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
WOW indeed! Was he wearing a mask and screaming 'stand and deliver?'

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dealership offered me at £399 but i am going with www.directgap.co.uk and they have quoted £215 for 4 yrs and £20k cover on a vehicle replacement policy, which covers any price increases over the period. Its transferable, covers keys and they are FSA covered just in case

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was offered it for £724 on my Evoque and the dealer did go a little sheepish when I told him I work for a bank and his quote was taking the p***!

And got offered Supagard for £400 and then found Supagard will come to my house and do it for half the price.!

Dealers eh!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sooty said:
I paid £699 for mine.
If you bought it within the last 14 days thenI would go back and cancel it and get your money back. Shouldnt be paying more than £250 for it to be honest!! Looks like the salesmanmade a bit of profit from you.

Edited by: fenn05

·
Registered
62 Posts
Try car2cover.co.uk

They cover theft or damage when the keys have been stolen. Most gap insurances don't cover this aspect just damage and write off without the keys been used! Seems madness whe this car will be subject to car jacking etc!

Policies are reasonable and deferred options in there too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sirrah4941 said:
Try car2cover.co.uk

They cover theft or damage when the keys have been stolen. Most gap insurances don't cover this aspect just damage and write off without the keys been used! Seems madness whe this car will be subject to car jacking etc!
I work in Insurance (though I/we don't sell Gap Insurance) and I can say without a doubt that statements like this (and having just looked, they seem to be popular amongst some Gap
Insurance providers) are simply false. There are claims that there is
an ongoing investigation in to the Gap Insurance market and perhaps
this will result in such claims disappearing.

Fact: If the keys to your car are used to steal your vehicle, all Gap
Insurance policies, without exception, operate in exactly the same way -
it entirely depends on your Motor Insurance policy. If your Motor
Insurer deems that you were grossly negligent (you left the keys in the vehicle
and the vehicle unattended) thus responsible for the vehicle being
taken, they either won't pay out or will reduce their payout. If the
Motor Insurer makes no such decision, they'll payout as "normal".

Any Gap Insurance policy will follow the lead of the Motor Insurer.

There is absolutely no Gap Insurance provider that would reject such a claim, if the policyholder's motor insurance provider had accepted a claim on the same circumstances.

Don't be fooled!

Rant over.

As for Gap Insurance, I'm going with GapInsurance.co.uk
<ul>[*]Much cheaper than my Dealer[*]Unlimited Claim limits on vehicles purchased for up to £100k.[*]Ability to defer the start date of the Gap Policy by up to 12 months because I have new-for-old cover as part of my MI[*]In addition to the standard 14-day cooling off period (100% refund) I can cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro-rata refund of unused premium, less an admin fee, but, if I elect to use the pro-rata refund against the cost of a new policy for a new vehicle, the admin fee is waived.[*]Policies underwritten by Ageas Insurance (Previously "Fortis")
[/list]

Apparently they only launched their website 5 days ago but the insurance company behind it has been trading since 1960.

I'll take it thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
thanks everyone for useful info. certainly helps me making my decision.i was going to go with nfu for insurance as they offer replacement vehicle for first two years. however their premium for fully comp £494 when i can get same cover for £205. so no brainer, go for cheaper quote and pay for gap for less money and gain for next three years on lower premiums

1 - 20 of 26 Posts