Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy some GAP insurance, to cover the difference in the event of a claim should my evoque be stolen/written off,
Have any members got any info regarding companies,cost,etc,etc,any advice would be great.

Thanks Wrecka.

·
Registered
219 Posts
For example my first net search brought up directgaps website. For return to invoice gap insurance based on a purchase price of £45000 for three years with a max claim of £20000 it quotes £143 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than what dealers quote.

(i assume this is a reputable site, its simply the first one i came to on doing a search)

·
Registered
118 Posts
In my opinion, it's a bit like extended warranties, a waste of money, you can have too much insurance. Be sure to minutely read the small print. One policy I looked at specifically excluded the car being written off after the keys were lost or stolen which for me is the most likely reason it will happen.

·
Registered
154 Posts
just done mine today, back to invoice for three years cover max difference £25k ( which should cover even if the bottom drops out of the market). paid £149very small price to pay for the peace of mind of knowing if it gets totalled I'll be back in to a new car without having to dig too deep in pockets

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Those prices look good, but this is a return to invoice price. There is also a vehicle replacement option which costs more but assumes a new vehicle will go up in price over the period of cover, I've opted for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts