Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Got a used 2012 evoque pure edition automatic SD4 and drove around 2000miles til today and I am getting 23 MPG and from what I am reading on the specs the urban fuel economy should be around 36 MPG. anyone had similar problems or know what to do about it?

·
Super Moderator
2,358 Posts
I have a 2012 (albeit Manual) and get 34-38 on average, if I drive spiritedly I could get this into the top end of the twenties, Also If you do a 50mph motorway run you should be able to stay in 40mpg easily.

To get 23mpg seems wrong unless you have your foot on the floor continually or do 100mph everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
2,358 Posts
Very True Kojak

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a June 2013 Dynamic and get around 34 mpg on average but about 28 mpg if I drive around London doing 30 to 40 mph. Edited by: ChrisEvoque

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I drive relatively well, mostly in the city though but still I dont hit the accelerator that hard. i usually let it change gears smoothly

·
Registered
347 Posts
It must be the traffic then, we used to get late 30s in ours and up to late 40s on a run, you may find it better if you use the paddle shift more.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I found my Evoque heavy on fuel and even my last one, with the nine speed gearbox was disappointing. I've now bought a Sport and yesterday, on a 50 mile trip, both on urban A roads and motorway,, I achieved 49.7 miles to the gallon. I'm very pleased, not only with this achievement, but overall, it seems much more economical than the Evoque.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had both the 6 speed auto and a 9 speed auto Sd4

The 2012 6 speed averaged about 32mpg overall but the 9speed easily does low 40mpg without even trying. You have to drive quite hard indeed to get below 40mpg and my best on a long run to Wales saw 54.7mpg Quite good for a car this size/weight I think.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi

My 2011 Evoque automatic was much heavier on fuel than the manufacturer's figures. Even driving it cautiously, with motorway speeds of just 60mph didn't produce any where near the returns i expected. I now have a Range Rover Sport, which, believe it or not, is far more economical and on long runs I'm getting well into the 40s per gallon. I am really pleased with the return.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts