Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any members offer advice on fuel additives, especially diesel
There are many different types available, Millers, Redex, STP, etc

Question is, are they worth it or a waste of money??

Any experiences / advice would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
What are you trying to achieve? clean Injectors, clean Fuel lines, clean pistons/valves?

They'll all have a minimal effect diluted in Fuel and to avoid risk of them causing any issue, and many manufacturers say not to use them, but thats as they are out of their controlled environment and have no idea of what it is or will do.

Many modern oils have cleaners and Anti-sludging agents in anyway, as do many fuels.

If the problem is a dirt build up, it might just work or it may not even reach that area!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phil
It was for general use and maintenance really
I have read mixed reports and am curious as to do they offer advantages to a modern engine and fuel systems

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
I had cause to use Millers Diesel Power EcoMax a few years back when I had a new Lexus, didn't keep the car long enought to say whether it benefitted the car.

BMW are very insistent No Additives should be put into the fuel.

I prefer to use the Premium Diesel and tend to go for one in three fill ups with the better diesel.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I used to swear by Shell V-Power (petrol) in my Cooper S as it was by far the cheapest way to get extra power out of the car.Strangely, until you just mentioned it, I hadnt really considered their diesel V-Power equivalent, but having just read THIS ARTICLE maybe I should stop getting standard supermarket fuel & pay the extra 7p/L for Shell's V-Power Nitro+

<h1 ="article" itemprop="line" style="font-family: "Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; outline: 0px; -sizing: border-; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 46px; line-height: 54px; vertical-align: line; transition: none; color: rgb17, 17, 17;">
</h1>

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only one I recommend is Oxicat in diesels as it assists the DPF by reducing Ash build up. It also tends to improve fuel consumption by 1-3 mpg in my experience. I tried it in my 2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 diesel and it allowed a lot more town driving before the forced Regen light came on, it went from warning every couple of months to none at all!

The main UK distributor Bluechem is a member of the Jaguar owners club forum and is selling at a discount to members. I confess I have retained my membership on there happy to send him here if it assists any members.....

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Have always used Shell V-Power Nitro (or what ever it is called) for my diesels (as recommended by Honest John!! in the Saturday Telegraph!) and had no problems with the engines over 100,000+ miles each.

Can't say whether the premium fuel helped in this regard??

Richard

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
I have used Archoil AR6400-D Max in mine twice now in 10 years.

Never used Redex

You seem to have a MY16, is that the 2.2s or the 2.0d

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts
What are you trying to achieve? clean Injectors, clean Fuel lines, clean pistons/valves?

They'll all have a minimal effect diluted in Fuel and to avoid risk of them causing any issue, and many manufacturers say not to use them, but thats as they are out of their controlled environment and have no idea of what it is or will do.

Many modern oils have cleaners and Anti-sludging agents in anyway, as do many fuels.

If the problem is a dirt build up, it might just work or it may not even reach that area!
Waste of money and may cause untold damage, like setting your exhaust on fire and maybe your car along with it.
Actually seen a Jaguar exhaust that caught fire.

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
203 Posts
Ze Germans swear by this stuff, so got me wondering. It is not like they didn't have a VW dieselgate scandal or manufacturers of diesel cars for just say or 2 or 3 car brands....?
Liquid Fluid Packaging and labeling Tin Drink

1 - 11 of 11 Posts