Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I have read the rear camera issue thread with interest but didn't want to use it as my problem is the front camera. It is foggy and has been since we first viewed the car. I had hoped it was weather related but now it is drier, the problem persists. Is it a replacement job or can the lens be taken apart and cleaned?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
If you have just purchased the car then the vendor (dealer??) should be responsible for rectifying this any an other fault.

Please put your car details on your signature for future reference should you have further questions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was like it when I purchased it and the dealer is several hours away, so if there is another option I'll take a look. If it's anything like the rear camera issues I've read about, I'm not sure there is any point getting it fixed as it may go again...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well it was like it when I purchased it and the dealer is several hours away, so if there is another option I'll take a look. If it's anything like the rear camera issues I've read about, I'm not sure there is any point getting it fixed as it may go again...
Hi. You havent said how old the car is as it may stll be under manufacturers warranty? I had both front and rear cameras replaced and the rear went again. This time JLR replaced the complete trim, camera and surround and its fine now .. well at least at the moment. You should pursue the dealership who you purchased it from to rectify this as they are expensive if you have to purchase one yourself. It looks a nice car from the image .. is it an Autobiography?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car was built September 2016 so original warranty has now expired. I purchased it from an independent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Car was built September 2016 so original warranty has now expired. I purchased it from an independent.
If the independent seller was a garage they often include a 12 month warranty from date of purchase so depending on when you purchased it from them it may still be covered? If not its always worth popping into a main dealer and asking them to submit a factory goodwill claim to JLR as it is a very well known and publicised defect. Nothing to lose

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I agree Viper. Contact dealer -- nothing to lose. (y) :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone (y)I have the same problem with my new (to me) Dynamic Lux. Camera image is so foggy it is useless so I need to get at it but not sure how to start.
@TheBook - Did you have any luck?

Cheers,
Raz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, not yet. I tried contacting Guy Salmon (they're the nearest to me), but the link on their site took me to JLR customer experience, who told me to speak to a dealer (which is what I was trying to do). When I have time I'll drive to one and see what the score is...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ascot are ringing me in the morning with the price to replace the front camera. I'll let you know the cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ascot are ringing me in the morning with the price to replace the front camera. I'll let you know the cost.
I recently had the same problem with my front camera, L/R did replace it under extended warranty, it's not cheap, L/R said about £240 for replacement plus labour and the bumper needed to come off!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well they never did call, but excusable in the current climate. On a positive note, the sun seems to have dried the moisture to the point that the front camera is clear again. Will wait to see what it's like when the cold, wet stuff returns. Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine has improved a lot since the sun arrived - at least it confirms that it has to be a condensation problem. Maybe some silica gel packs would help?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts