Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

Last week there was a thread on the other forum with so many pure package evoque owners complaining about the dull plastics on their door sills. I had replied to that thread that I can design a simple stainless steel set to overcome this issue with my inhouse machines. Feedbacks were great and now they are ready as in the below pictures. I had already delivered 2 sets this morning to the UK, one will be delivered to South Africa and one to Singapore on Monday. Then I will start manufacturing another 20 sets. I asked members there to suggest a price and it was set as 50 GBP for the 4 piece set and 20 GBP for the rears alone. Here is the link where you can see more of these and contact me:

http://www.barmeca.com/SILLTREADPLATES/evoque.html

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice one BK see you got a link up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barton, thanks for the idea to start a post in this forum, please send a pm to 'PhilSkill' on the other forum. I had sent him a free set today along with his rears. I guess he will be happy to forward them to you:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
bktheboss said:
Barton, thanks for the idea to start a post in this forum, please send a pm to 'PhilSkill' on the other forum. I had sent him a free set today along with his rears. I guess he will be happy to forward them to you:)
Thanks will send him a PM.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hi guys.
I'd also be very interested as to how u got on.
They look great but do all the curves and radius match the plastic on your car?
A real life fitted close up would super.
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
They arrived on Saturday, fantastic purchase would recommend to anyone, great value. I will post photos when I get home.... Stay tuned!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stephen, I am so glad to hear such beautiful words, thank you very much, please do post those pics to the other forum also.

Lee, Cool, I have just added close up pics to the webpage in the first post as you both requested..

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Been discussing these via email with Baris, great guy and was happy to answer all my questions and sent a high res picture of the finished fitted rear treadplates. He has more pictures and details on the babyrr, if I had read that thread I would have had fewer questions to ask!

Anyhoo, I ordered the Rear Pair today and they are already in the post.

I'll add a photo once fitted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, was nice to read that, thank you very much..Lee, Monday morning first job is to post your full set..

And two more pics below on a white Evoque this time, enjoy..

·
Registered
580 Posts
BK I see you had been banned on the other forum for selling let hope to get trade here for you great product.

Edited by: Barton Evoque

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi there Barton, not something I was not expecting, when I created the side steps for the Evoque, I offered him that I want to send totally free of charge 10 sets to either distribute or sell to his forum members, his reply was that he had no room to stock'em. 10 sets of side steps, can you imagine how much they would worth? Do I look like escaping from say a 50GBP/month fee? It's all about the attitude, he is right in his own perspective, I just didn't like it..

·
Registered
580 Posts
No BK I totally understand where you are coming from. let hope this forum is more flexible, really love your side steps but the price is just not affordable with the postage. best of luck mate.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
BK, I've just left a message re your ban on the other( boring) site, that'll probably get me banned too( like I care!) . You've got a fab product!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
" .. the very fact that your image is Of a grumpy Terry-Thomas of the 1940's kind of says it all for me!"

Madam, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I spent the whole night yesterday googling to learn who was that man in that avatar:) Just made a quick look at wikipedia about him and now like you have said it explains it all for me too..

1 - 20 of 264 Posts