Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For once it's not an all-positive review, but sometimes I find like he's being really picky and nit-gritty and so. I'm probably biased though :D

What do you think?

Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
I actually came across this one on my flipboard and was going to post it up, I think he's trying his hardest not to be impressed by it, I really liked the snowy bit and am surprised it struggled like it did even with scorpions but its hard to tell the steepness of that slope but think he tried his best to make it fail even though he managed to get up it eventually

Reactions: macounette

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
I agree Doink. If you watch the RAV4 it stays over to the hard left and he tries to go up the middle. Later once he's stuck he says it would be better on the left. Also he goes quite a bit slower than the RAV4 and that's why it looses momentum.

Reactions: macounette

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually came across this one on my flipboard and was going to post it up, I think he's trying his hardest not to be impressed by it, I really liked the snowy bit and am surprised it struggled like it did even with scorpions but its hard to tell the steepness of that slope but think he tried his best to make it fail even though he managed to get up it eventually
Yeah, I felt the same - he's trying not to be "like the rest". As for the slope climb he said himself no-one is supposed to do that in all-seasons tyres! As for the rest of the snow drive (even roads and so) the Evoque did just fine despite lack of winter tyres.
I was surprised he'd think the Evoque would be slow to accelerate, hey, this is an automatic gearbox, right? I wouldn't expect those 1.8 tons to accelerate as fast as my manual-gearbox MINI Cooper S :)

Registered
I got turned off right at the start when he said it had an all new "Cha-ssi".....it's a monocoque you idiot!
The 0-60 looks and sounds like it was started with the engine off in stop start mode so there is a delay whilst the engine fires.
Had he brushed the throttle and got the engine running whilst using the brake hold it would have taken off like a scalded cat......mine does.
All that fannying around with the various off-road modes and he didn't spot the "Auto" button as it has Terrain Response 2 which does it all for you.
Never found the All Terrain Progress Control button either to get things moving when stuck.
Plus the obvious comparing a vehicle on cross climates in snow with a vehicle on winter tyres.
I could go on but to summarise.....................I think he's an idiot.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts