Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016, 4x4 manual
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought a second-hand 2016 Evoque. I'm quite happy with it, all things considered. However the image of the rear camera (while reversing) is foggy. It looks as if some condensation has got into the lens? Is this a known issue with Evoques? Is there something I can do about it - short of taking it back to the dealership? I prefer not to, for such a small issue. The car is still within its 5-year warranty.
Thanks for any pointers.
Kes

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,143 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016, 4x4 manual
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks. Is it something that can be fixed with the application of a hair dryer? I'm quite sure it is not moisture on the outside of the lens, it must be inside the lens cover.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,143 Posts
I never had any problem with mine but I believe some took the camera off , dried it out and sealed it.

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
203 Posts
There are lots of posts about camera fogging and the cause if you have a look around the site.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
5 year warranty, I want one them, in any case I'd be taking it back if there's a warranty

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
I've been lucky, 2 Evoques & the Jag so far no problems

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
If it’s still in warranty, take it back, get them to fit a new camera, you should have a good few years out of the new camera then.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought a 15 plate evoque which suffers the same fogging issue, dealer wouldn’t replace foc, wanted £400+ to replace it. Said it’s not covered under warrant. Others have managed to get it replaced under warranty. Works fine in the summer though.

·
Registered
899 Posts
If it’s still in warranty, take it back, get them to fit a new camera, you should have a good few years out of the new camera then.
No!....... had my rear camera replaced under warranty 12 months ago, foggy again now, still got a couple of months warranty left now but really can't be bothered, what's the point. :rolleyes:
Think I'll be seeing if BMW cameras work better later this year.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
643 Posts
When mine fogs up I simply wipe the dirt off the camera with my finger and it’s HD again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.