Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So after my car broke down yesterday! Looks like the battery needs replacement
So I am changing it today , hopefully nothing bad will happen ?
And everything goes haywire ! It鈥檚 the original battery so almost 6 years old !
Fingers crossed 馃 Because it鈥檚 a My13 model I presume it don鈥檛 need any software update ? Like the newest models

Registered
The only thing you'll have to do is reset the one touch window closing. Just continue holding each button in the closed position for a couple of seconds.

Registered
I thought you had to get the battery install coded by a dealer????:confused:

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you had to get the battery install coded by a dealer????/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
Hopefully as mine is a 2013 it won鈥檛 need it
Think it鈥檚 mainly stop , start models

Registered
I thought you had to get the battery install coded by a dealer????:confused:
There a quite a few battery replacement threads here. I haven't read that a new battery needs coding, so don't think that's an issue.

The query is usually around the BMS (Battery Monitoring System)...

Super Moderator
General concensus seems to have been the BMS will sort itself out (certainly on early models, even mine with Stop/Start).

I keep a keen eye on this as I am running on an 8 year old Battery now...

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I鈥檓 getting my car mot on Friday so there going to fit it for me ! So hopefully if it goes wrong it鈥檚 there fault
Not mine lol ! I just couldn鈥檛 be bothered take it to bits to fit it

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
So update had battery changed by my local garage only 拢20 ! Well worth it ! And had no issues
Just reset the clock and that鈥檚 it ! Result

Registered
Discussion Starter #10

Registered
Our E was constantly asking us to start the engine due to low battery. I charged it up a few times with a smart charger which made the message go away for a while but it kept coming back eventually.
The only noticeable things that happened to the car was that the start/stop no longer worked (not that I was too bothered) and the tailgate sometimes needed to be manually raised.

The battery voltage seemed good at around 12.5v and the alternator was charging it OK.I took the car for a free battery check at Kwik Fit and they said all was OK.

So, after much wife-moaning, I've just changed the battery. I bought an Exide 110 AGM Car Battery EK800 12V 80Ah from Tayna batteries for 拢100 delivered (ebay have a 20% off code for them at the moment). Apparently Exide and Varta (OEM battery) are made in the same factory, just with a different sticker on them.

I thought I had set the "service mode" on in-control, but obviously not because about 5 mins after disconnecting the old battery I got a text to say the car might have been stolen, so I sheepishly rang the centre to say it hadn't.

Surprisingly, the car is still saying "start engine", so I'm currently charging it again. I guess if this doesn't fix it, it must be the charge controller :-(

Registered
Our E was constantly asking us to start the engine due to low battery. I charged it up a few times with a smart charger which made the message go away for a while but it kept coming back eventually.
The only noticeable things that happened to the car was that the start/stop no longer worked (not that I was too bothered) and the tailgate sometimes needed to be manually raised.

The battery voltage seemed good at around 12.5v and the alternator was charging it OK.I took the car for a free battery check at Kwik Fit and they said all was OK.

So, after much wife-moaning, I've just changed the battery. I bought an Exide 110 AGM Car Battery EK800 12V 80Ah from Tayna batteries for 拢100 delivered (ebay have a 20% off code for them at the moment). Apparently Exide and Varta (OEM battery) are made in the same factory, just with a different sticker on them.

I thought I had set the "service mode" on in-control, but obviously not because about 5 mins after disconnecting the old battery I got a text to say the car might have been stolen, so I sheepishly rang the centre to say it hadn't.

Surprisingly, the car is still saying "start engine", so I'm currently charging it again. I guess if this doesn't fix it, it must be the charge controller :-(
Hopefully it was due to the new battery not being fully charged - too late now, but it would have been good to top it up before installing as you don't know how long it had been sitting around.

I don't know how the BMS works - it might take a while to sort itself out as you've replaced it yourself and haven't reset the BMS?

Fingers crossed once it's charged fully things settle for you :)
Let us know how things go...

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Since my battery change I have had no problem at all ! Hope all goes well for you !

Registered

How did this pan out rawpilot?

Registered
The low battery warning has not re-appeared, but the start/stop still shows no sign of working. I can live without it though. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts