Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a Rewire Security GPS Tracker to fit to my Evoque. Clearly this will need power and I am wondering if there are any pitfalls out there that I need to be aware of when installing?
Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Dave,
I've had one of these fitted to my car for 8 months now, and although I keep meaning to get it wired in properly, as yet I haven't bothered.
The unit has its own battery so can be placed anywhere with the very strong magnet it has. Mine will usually last a month before it needs recharging - just have to take it off the car then, but only for an hour or two.
Obviously all the features aren't enabled when the unit isn't hardwired, but to be honest there's enough to satisfy my needs - knowing exactly where it is and when it moves.
Rob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,
I've had one of these fitted to my car for 8 months now, and although I keep meaning to get it wired in properly, as yet I haven't bothered.
The unit has its own battery so can be placed anywhere with the very strong magnet it has. Mine will usually last a month before it needs recharging - just have to take it off the car then, but only for an hour or two.
Obviously all the features aren't enabled when the unit isn't hardwired, but to be honest there's enough to satisfy my needs - knowing exactly where it is and when it moves.
Rob.
Robwen hi and thanks for taking the time to reply, apologies for the delay in responding. Having used the tracker in the manner that you have described for the last week or so, I am tending to agree with you. It does all that I need it to do as is! Thanks again, Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts