Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evoque P300e SE in Carpathian grey with privacy glass, 5076 alloys and premium cabin lighting
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my P300e in March. Been really delighted with it. Average 247mpg over the last 950 miles I’ve driven. Occasional electrical gremlin where a screen has randomly stopped working but always resolved by locking the car and unlocking again.

Until today…

Couple of miles after setting off from home the car gave an almighty swerve for no reason (not related to Lane assist), the EV mode immediately cut off and the engine kicked in, cue about a million warning lights on every screen. Including loss of stability control, emergency braking systems etc.

Now hubbie’s sat home with my car waiting for LR assistance to come and take a look whilst I got an excellent excuse to take his RS4 for my appointment. I’m not sure whether to feel pleased that I got a chance to drive his car or sad that my lovely new car is behaving!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know how you get on.....mine did the same on Tuesday, LR assist visited Weds AM and updated the control software....(which has cocked up privi pro sim connectivity more than it already was!) then it happened again this morning....I think it’s a gearbox ecu issue...it’s like the hv battery is shorting out...the swerve was the rear axle kicking in and back out with the battery....

I’ll ring supplying dealer tomorrow....I always thought my disco was crap reliability wise but the 3mth old evoque is next level naff!

·
Registered
2021 Evoque P300e SE in Carpathian grey with privacy glass, 5076 alloys and premium cabin lighting
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LR assist came out and bizarrely the faults had cleared by then. Apparently they could still see them showing in the history so they reset a load of software back to factory spec (but clearly not everything as it still remembered my electric seats, sat nav memory etc). Seemed ok driving it today although it did stop working in EV mode at one point until I pulled over, turned off the ignition and started it back up again.

fingers crossed….

·
Registered
4 Posts
LR assist came out and bizarrely the faults had cleared by then. Apparently they could still see them showing in the history so they reset a load of software back to factory spec (but clearly not everything as it still remembered my electric seats, sat nav memory etc). Seemed ok driving it today although it did stop working in EV mode at one point until I pulled over, turned off the ignition and started it back up again.

fingers crossed….
That’s exactly what LR assist did with mine, drove 3 miles this morning and the same thing happened....stopped and picked something up....restarted with no warnings and driven 150miles no problem....unfortunately since cocking around with the software I now have no sim connectivity and can’t log in to my profile because of it....this is my 4th LR and it will be my last!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no that’s not good at all. Doesn’t sound like mine is likely to stay fixed for long then :(
It’s my first - I’ve wanted one for years. If it keeps doing this though I won’t be happy!

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
It shouldn't be like that but unfortunately as early adopters we are effectively beta testers, its actually one of the reasons I didn't jump into the 'e' thing recently as it'd fry the mrs's brain if funny stuff was happening while she's driving but in 4 years when this one goes back we'll already have the full EV evoque by then

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
4 Posts
It shouldn't be like that but unfortunately as early adopters we are effectively beta testers, its actually one of the reasons I didn't jump into the 'e' thing recently as it'd fry the mrs's brain if funny stuff was happening while she's driving but in 4 years when this one goes back we'll already have the full EV evoque by then
5 or so years ago I would have agreed with you, this is my third plugin, bar frankly ludicrous quoted ranges and economy figures the two previous cars have been faultless.....the evoque on the other hand has been a nightmare from day one, I also have a late d3 that I knock around in at the weekends, they are known to be unreliable money pits, but frankly the new Evoque tops it comfortably at present.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
LR and the evoque were very late to the EV party and maybe your right it could be 5 or so years and regardless of what EVs you owned in the past that were faultless this is still new territory for LR and like it or not you are early adopters and unofficially beta testing

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts
Just as Pivi Pro seems to be rather problematic at the moment, I seem to recall the whole ICTP Duo had similar bugs when it first launched. After a year or so, they seem to have sorted out all the issues.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just as Pivi Pro seems to be rather problematic at the moment, I seem to recall the whole ICTP Duo had similar bugs when it first launched. After a year or so, they seem to have sorted out all the issues.
ICTP Duo isn’t great. Very slow to start up and not very responsive when switching screens. Sat nav is very good though except the 6 hours a month it takes to update

·
Registered
88 Posts
7 months in and the P300e is the most unreliable car I’ve owned in 25 years of motoring. A customer paying 48k for a car should not be a beta tester , but I clearly am. The at least once a month trip for fault clearing , software updating and modified parts has become a joke - especially as the customer service at my local dealer is shocking as well . I won’t have an LR again . My last Evoque was unreliable , but I put it down to it being 8 years old and long in the tooth. My other car is a 21 year old Mazda, and it’s the most reliable of my 2 cars. Shame on you LR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts