Evoque Owners Club banner

First I was blinded, then I wasn't!

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  id5 
#1 ·
When I first got the car 2 weeks ago the panoramic roof blind didn't move unless I instructed it to with my digit, now when I get in the car the blind automatically opens, I guess I've triggered it to do so somehow previously when pressing the open blind button? Can't see any instruction as to how though.

#2 ·
Didn't think it was an automatic thing, a;ways thought it was a digit manual thing.

#7 ·
Mine is the same, as said just close it and lock the car and it should stay shut, I can’t find any info on this anywhere

#10 ·
I read on here or the Evoque facebook page that on the latest MY20 cars the blind closes when you turn off the ignition. I would find that a pain as mine was always open

#14 ·
Yep, the blind closes on the new one when you turn off the ignition to help stop the inside getting warm on sunnier days.

The software memory on the cars is a bit bonkers and I am not even sure the developers understand what it does. If the primary driver is in the car with their phone with the InControl app and they haven't pressed a different memory seat button, then it knows if the blind was open before and opens it. If someone else gets in the car with the primary drivers keys then it seems to be any bodies guess what it does but most of the time stays shut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.