Evoque Owners Club banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
It will be great to hear ukcommander and your views Dansam, on the hybrid itself, particularly as one will be a MY20.5 and the other a MY21.

Also be great to hear personal views on Pivi Pro vs ICTP.

I'm still unsure what the centre dash will look like if you don't pay the £50 for the cupholder option!
I won’t be a huge user of the ICTP as I won’t use the JLR Sat Nav as ‘Waze‘ is far superior to any factory Nav system...I’ll just wang it through carplay and off I go. I‘ll put all my other settings into ICTP once and forget about them for as long as I own the thing.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
@rencar That's a while between cleans. You previously mentioned having to check every hour or two!?!

·
Registered
235 Posts
HmmmUK - It hasn’t been washed since I collected it on the 1st Sept. Have to say whether it’s the Nolita grey or the GardX, but apart from the sills, the car is still looking pretty clean, despite a lot of rain and mud.

ukcommander - I was fearing that would happen. Just as they get production ramped up, Covid may end up delaying things.
Oh I do hope not..
don’t think my back can take driving the 208 much longer

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I use detailer on any 'hits'. So the two hourly checks (at least) continue of my car when at home. Covid means we don’t go anywhere really at the moment. At work it gets checked mid morning and then I finish at 3.30, so any problems are normally dealt with, without it sitting on the paint for very long - certainly no more than four hours. That was another useful benefit of getting the Gardx treatment done on my car for free, instead of having to pay £525!

My car when parked on the drive doesn't get any shade until late in the day, so I can’t hand wash it in bright sunlight and then it means starting after 4pm. This time of year doing that, I’m normally out there when it’s dark!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Yesterday the official free off road experience paperwork arrived from Land Rover, with my unique booking reference. I took delivery of my car on the 1st September, so that arrived on the 16th October.

There is no mention on the paperwork about time limits for arranging, so I’m hoping I can hold off for some time until the covid situation improves.

It also says that I can take two people with me and implies they can drive as well, as part of the half day experience. I’d prefer a full day, but not sure if you can upgrade?

I’ll do some digging about which sites offer the new Evoque as I’d prefer that model of car to drive.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yesterday the official free off road experience paperwork arrived from Land Rover, with my unique booking reference. I took delivery of my car on the 1st September, so that arrived on the 16th October.

There is no mention on the paperwork about time limits for arranging, so I’m hoping I can hold off for some time until the covid situation improves.

It also says that I can take two people with me and implies they can drive as well, as part of the half day experience. I’d prefer a full day, but not sure if you can upgrade?

I’ll do some digging about which sites offer the new Evoque as I’d prefer that model of car to drive.
When I did my course 6vyears ago I took a mate with me and yes, we both drove. Great fun

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Have a look here 👀

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Whether it is the current situation but one of the real disappointments about the purchase of my new Evoque is the complete lack of any follow up after taking delivery.

Not a phone call from the dealer or any survey or form of 'how was the car and buying process'. I get the feeling that perhaps this used to happen, but with uncertainty about jobs in the dealerships, muddled factory build and delivery processes and of course COVID, things seem far from normal.

I’ve just bought a brand new shape Clio for my Niece and already had, the day after collecting it, a follow up email to ask if we have any questions etc. Every car I’ve had, dealers have worried themselves to check all is ok, in case I get a survey from the manufacturer and generally I have. Not with JLR after buying a car costing almost £51k. I have at least received the experience paperwork now. Mind you still waiting for the spare wheel to be fitted!

Only reason I mention it is I’d like to have given positive feedback and pass comment in a few things.

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Hi uncle rencar ;)

I think that's a dealer thing rather than JLR.
My dealer is super quick on all this stuff!

Or it's all in you email junk folder...

141 - 149 of 149 Posts