Evoque Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I haven't received any voucher for the Land Rover off road experience following my new car purchase. Do these (pre-Covid) normally take months?

Also, I would have expected some correspondence with Land Rover (surveys or otherwise) about what I thought of the buying process/handover. I got the impression that dealers want the handover and initial process to go well, because you could rate them poorly when you get a survey? Is this the case with Land Rover?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I’ve never received a voucher either and I’m on my 2nd Evoque. You just call the Land Rover Experience folks up and they’ll book you in.

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
Stay ‘Positive’ @rencar as we all know predicted timescales and clear communications are not JLR’s strong points...maybe Santa will drop your voucher off (Providing he’s not got COVID) 👍

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
I’ve tried ring them at lunchtimes to give details to swap to another member ....nightmare getting through

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I assumed I must have lost my voucher, but I don’t think I ever actually received one. I did try calling the experience centre and offered my registration or vin number, but they said I needed a voucher number 🙁
I have been chasing my dealer to get this but I’m not holding my breath.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I assumed I must have lost my voucher, but I don’t think I ever actually received one. I did try calling the experience centre and offered my registration or vin number, but they said I needed a voucher number 🙁
I have been chasing my dealer to get this but I’m not holding my breath.
When I had my RRS, I never had a voucher, even after a year, they said just phone when I’m ready quitting my reg number and they’ll book me in

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I took delivery on the 1st September so it hasn’t been that long.

I’ll get onto my salesman when I visit to have the spare wheel fitted.

With Covid, I’d rather put off for as long as I can to do the experience, but I don’t want to miss out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
I've found that after about 500 miles the gearbox seems to have adapted to my driving style, which is great. When I first got the car (with 5 miles on the clock), it was forever moving up and down the nine speed gearbox. It now appears to have settled. Sport mode is always there for any spirited moments!

Have to say the P250 engine and the lack of any real road noise whilst driving, is such a lovely treat. I've exercised the engine a bit more of late, and finding it excellent in terms of pull and engine note.

I'm also not missing the diesel engine noise and preferring the cleaner pump fill ups, although having to visit every two weeks rather than three!

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Not sure what genius came up with the position of the brake fluid reservoir on the new Evoque?

I check oil, fluids, tyres every week and it seems to check the brake fluid of the Evoque, you need to remove the whole scuttle panel. You can see the top of the removable cap on the reservoir through the black grills.

Not sure I'll be doing that really!

·
Registered
235 Posts
The more posts I read from you Rencar, the more envious I get. Look forward to my hybrid more than ever. It should be even quieter in ev mode lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I’m also looking forward to your experiences of the new hybrid.

Any news on that. I’d be climbing the walls by now!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #132 (Edited)
A ‘small’ update on the car.

The Evoque is such a lovely looking car with a perfect wheel size (20” for mine) and lovely details. I’m dreading it’s first handwash as the lovely glossy black detailing is notoriously easy to scratch and get swirl marks on. Full credit to Land Rover for using the glossy black strips around the car, rather than the awful grained plastic of other marques that goes grey and is a nightmare to keep clean/black. The Nolita grey also gets lots of people saying to me they really love it. Inside is equally good - just buy a decent micro fibre cloth to keep the fingerprints at bay!

Mine has the full electric steering wheel column, so I always smile as I push the start button and the seat and steering wheel adjust me to my set position.

Its a car that gets me looking forward to going to work and coming home, because of its overall package of looks and features.

After the very heavy rain of late, it’s been extremely reassuring driving my new Evoque without worrying about great massive water splashes that usually require me to use an alternative route to work. I’m still careful, but feel much more comfortable with this car and it’s road holding and presence than any car I’ve had previously.

The car feels very surefooted and a safe and nice place to be. Aside from the annoying occasional rattle somewhere on the front passenger side (I think), the petrol engine is loosening a little.

With just under 900 miles on the clock, there’s a long way to go for peak mpg. Still happy with the mid 30’s for my drive to work though.

The ride on the 20” alloys is generally good, but whether it’s just my mood, but I think some days it rides better than others on the identical route to work.

The ICTP media system is great and having now figured out more of its customisations, I’m really liking the look and performance of it. It’s superior to my previous car and starts quicker. There have been lots of grumbles about the ICTP when I was reading up prior to purchase, but I have to say it works extremely well for me

My dealer said he himself preferred the ICTP to Pivi Pro. He also said he liked the current steering wheel controls versus the 2021 model year change as well.

The touch sensitivity of the steering wheel controls does mean you sometimes don’t always get what you want when you move down or click OK. I’ve set the favourites button to mute and like the swiping 360 to quickly raise or lower the volume.

Oh and not forgetting the theatrical matrix headlights, which when they automatically kick in, its like the opening of a stage production. The main beam turns on to give a curtain style effect, sweeping the empty road ahead with light. When cars come in the other direction, some of the lights in the right hand headlight turn off, leaving others on. Haven't yet been flashed due to it, but still wary to be ready to dip beams manually.

Anyway time to go and explore some more of its features!

·
Registered
982 Posts

@rencar I had an email from Landrover at the backend of last week saying the dealership in Londonshire ‘should’ have my P300e around the 23rd Oct and then delivery up to me w/c 2nd Nov. I placed the order 1st July as a reminder.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
235 Posts

I spoke with the dealership and they said that MY20.5 models would cease this month, tooling for MY21 models should be installed at the end of the month and production of 21 models should start November, they are saying that mine should be in by mid Decembe.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
It will be great to hear ukcommander and your views Dansam, on the hybrid itself, particularly as one will be a MY20.5 and the other a MY21.

Also be great to hear personal views on Pivi Pro vs ICTP.

I'm still unsure what the centre dash will look like if you don't pay the £50 for the cupholder option!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking forward to posting when I get it.. give me something to do over Christmas. I warn you tho, I don’t do brief... it’ll be more like war and peace. Lol

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
...I’m dreading it’s first handwash as the lovely glossy black detailing is notoriously easy to scratch and get swirl marks on.
How have you been washing it up to now? Or hasn't it been cleaned? :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I’ve also heard that Halewood has moved from a single shift to a two shift patten, this should have a positive impact on production, but saying that Liverpool is going into extra lockdown measures so god only knows 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
HmmmUK - It hasn’t been washed since I collected it on the 1st Sept. Have to say whether it’s the Nolita grey or the GardX, but apart from the sills, the car is still looking pretty clean, despite a lot of rain and mud.

ukcommander - I was fearing that would happen. Just as they get production ramped up, Covid may end up delaying things.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts