Evoque Owners Club banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Is that in the handbook under e for eggs or f for fresh eggs?

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Only just worked out how to drive the thing, so if fresh eggs comes up on the heads up display I’ll be lost!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
If it does, get me a dozen please, extra large 👍

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine came up with “fresh eggs for sale” the other day. 🤔
Rencar wouldn’t get that on the FE. It’s only on the SE spec DK

Reactions: DKZ5745 and rencar

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I have to say, that despite not getting a free umbrella, my dealer has been excellent even after I've taken delivery of my new Evoque - I did say they'd be glad to see the back of me after my constant nagging and wanting daily updates about delivery!

When I went to fit the official rubber mats (left in my boot) last week, it turns out they were actually the ones for the manual transmission car. Dealer contacted me today to say they've now got the right ones for me and to pop in to swap them over.

When I arrived, there was also two brand new number plates made up for me (with a personal plate I've recently bought), ready to put on the car next March, when the 70 plate is no longer current. I'd only mentioned it in passing that I'd bought a personal plate from the DVLA, so really pleased about that.

The dealers stick the reg plates on the car front and back (so that will have to be cleaned off when I do them), and interestingly, I hadn't noticed, that the rear orange reg plate is quite a bit larger than the front one.

I've been very pleased with their service to date.

The spare wheel kit and tyre have further been delayed and I await a further update on a new delivery date - every week there is another delay on this. Apparently parts have a lot of back orders for these kits. I've said I'll rely on Land Rover Assist if I get a puncture for the time being. I'm looking forward to the loan of a Velar when the wheel comes in and they have my car to fit it.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,112 Posts
@rencar good to hear. As you say the rear plate is a different size. My dealers also supplied the correctly sized plates for my private plates - doesn't cost them much but it's nice to see. A normal rear plate doesn't sit in the gap as nicely.

I still think they owe you a brolly!

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have to say, that despite not getting a free umbrella, my dealer has been excellent even after I've taken delivery of my new Evoque - I did say they'd be glad to see the back of me after my constant nagging and wanting daily updates about delivery!

When I went to fit the official rubber mats (left in my boot) last week, it turns out they were actually the ones for the manual transmission car. Dealer contacted me today to say they've now got the right ones for me and to pop in to swap them over.

When I arrived, there was also two brand new number plates made up for me (with a personal plate I've recently bought), ready to put on the car next March, when the 70 plate is no longer current. I'd only mentioned it in passing that I'd bought a personal plate from the DVLA, so really pleased about that.

The dealers stick the reg plates on the car front and back (so that will have to be cleaned off when I do them), and interestingly, I hadn't noticed, that the rear orange reg plate is quite a bit larger than the front one.

I've been very pleased with their service to date.

The spare wheel kit and tyre have further been delayed and I await a further update on a new delivery date - every week there is another delay on this. Apparently parts have a lot of back orders for these kits. I've said I'll rely on Land Rover Assist if I get a puncture for the time being. I'm looking forward to the loan of a Velar when the wheel comes in and they have my car to fit it.
You’re making me awfully envious Rencar... in a good way obviously... no really I am... honest. Can’t wait for mine.. hopefully December

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Apparently after waiting since July, my new spare wheel kit is due in, at long last, tomorrow. I've said I’d rather wait to be certain that it does actually arrive and is indeed the correct part.

I’m still particularly worried about the work involved in safely removing the poly insert with the tyre foam from my boot and fitting the new wheel kit properly. Don’t want any damage or more trim rattles!

The dealer has said their brand new Velar courtesy car is due to be registered and available mid next week, so I’ve said I’ll wait for that, as they promised to lend me something interesting for the time it’s being done. Be interesting what engine/spec their Velar is and indeed what it’s like compared to the Evoque.

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m still particularly worried about the work involved in safely removing the poly insert with the tyre foam from my boot and fitting the new wheel kit properly. Don’t want any damage or more trim rattles!
It's a bit difficult to get out. You need a good hacksaw blade. It's not rocket science but the wheel fits a treat, with no rattles.

·
Registered
983 Posts
If it's being done by the dealer then it should come with the new foam insert as well as the wheel etc.
Old insert out and new one put in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks. I was told the original factory poly insert would be broken to remove it. It’s just when I look at the insert in my car it’s a very tight fit. I’d rather they don’t have to undo or remove any trim to get the new wheel insert in.

The official spare wheel kit should indeed come with a new insert plus a tyre.

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Thanks. I was told the original factory poly insert would be broken to remove it. It’s just when I look at the insert in my car it’s a very tight fit. I’d rather they don’t have to undo or remove any trim to get the new wheel insert in.

And a pump ....so you can remove it easily from polystyrene .... then pump it up😳

·
Registered
983 Posts
This is what you should have when the spare wheel is fitted.
The central bit of foam lifts out and make sure the wheel has the screw down device (big round thing) fitted.
The curved bits of foam around the sides of the tyre in each corner feel like they are only held in with a clip or such as they can be wiggled a bit so not glued in.
Hopefully they should sort you out properly.
Oh and make sure they swap over the towing eye (if necessary) and your locking wheelnut adapter.
Check you have these before you drive away from the dealership.
20200926_104123.jpg

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Did you read the sticker.... please deflate before moving from polystyrene 😜

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
PhilB - that is so very helpful. Thanks ever so much!

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
What about me🙄🤔🙁

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
A big thank you to Donna as well!

·
Registered
9,069 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
PhilB - I'm guessing, but once my tyre foam poly is carefully sawn and split by the dealer, I wonder if the whole thing just then comes out without any screws or trim needing removal. The black philips type plastic screw heads you can see, I'm not sure whether they actually hold the polystyrene down or not, or hold some other bit of trim?

The new spare wheel poly, wheel, tyre and tools perhaps just slide in tightly as a replacement?

I'll be sure to make sure I keep everything that's in the current poly (including the locking wheel nut and towing eye). I had initially asked for the whole tyre foam poly back, so when I trade my car in, I could pop that back. They said they have to break it to get it out. It's not the end of the world for them to do this.

Just waiting to hear their new Velar is in, which is what they're lending me for the duration of the accessory fitting.

·
Registered
983 Posts
PhilB - I'm guessing, but once my tyre foam poly is carefully sawn and split by the dealer, I wonder if the whole thing just then comes out without any screws or trim needing removal. The black philips type plastic screw heads you can see, I'm not sure whether they actually hold the polystyrene down or not, or hold some other bit of trim?

The new spare wheel poly, wheel, tyre and tools perhaps just slide in tightly as a replacement?
I don't know what a car with the can of snot set up looks like.
As I said the side bits of foam can be moved pretty easily so don't appear glued in.
Hopefully they are already on yours and they just have to replace the stuff in the wheel well.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts