Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Pickup was after work, so I've only just got round to getting a photo together for the forum! Time just escapes me, but suffice to say the new car is fantastic! No particular order, but just a quick note:

So much to understand and get to grips with. Full tank of fuel, which was nice. GardX done, so presently it looks rather lovely.

Just a quick photo taken as I got home (see below).

More updates and photos to follow (oh and no umbrella!), but a FULL tank of fuel, which was unexpected.

No more black presentation key box either, because of Covid - just your two keys in small plastic bags! Spare wheel to follow, along with a loan Velar for the day!

Such a shame that handover is so impersonal and frankly just a mask wearing exercise looking over the car. Was glad to get outside to admire the new car in the sunlight.

Interior is such a lovely place to be.

Door strips were fine, after I phoned this morning asking for them to be checked.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I’ve been advised by dealer that handover has changed, they no longer sit in the car with you. You get a handover video sent to you and I think all the dealer does is show you how to sync your phone
id love to hear I’d anyone has had more than that at handover
Yes the whole handover is a non event really. Not the dealers fault to be honest.

Not sure what would have happened if I couldn't access all the paperwork from my smartphone and sign it electronically in the dealership. No pens allowed even!

Black presentation box was dropped at the start of Covid.

They're not really even allowed to spend any time in the handover bay with the car, preferring to get the car out in the fresh air.

Apparently the 'reveal' has gone as well, due to Covid.

All I have had from the dealership since I visited to enquire, was one cup of coffee today, from a vending machine and with the salesman wearing surgical gloves as he put it on the desk!

I asked how the illuminated treadplates and boot treadplate work, but he can't even touch your vehicle, so its all very difficult to talk much through. Plus with masks on, it gets very difficult to chat. Its worth preparing yourself for discovering the new car on your own. That's why I bought a paper handbook and will sit in the car when time allows and dabble to discover.

The Youtube video link they send you is OK. The Touchpro Duo and myriad of settings will take some time to understand I think.

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
884 Posts
Pickup was after work, so I've only just got round to getting a photo together for the forum! Time just escapes me, but suffice to say the new car is fantastic! No particular order, but just a quick note:

So much to understand and get to grips with. Full tank of fuel, which was nice. GardX done, so presently it looks rather lovely.

Just a quick photo taken as I got home (see below).

More updates and photos to follow (oh and no umbrella!), but a FULL tank of fuel, which was unexpected.

No more black presentation key box either, because of Covid - just your two keys in small plastic bags! Spare wheel to follow, along with a loan Velar for the day!

Such a shame that handover is so impersonal and frankly just a mask wearing exercise looking over the car. Was glad to get outside to admire the new car in the sunlight.

Interior is such a lovely place to be.

Door strips were fine, after I phoned this morning asking for them to be checked.

View attachment 5975
That’s one sweet looking motah @rencar I’m so glad it all went smoothly and you got a full tank of fuel too 👍

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
66 Posts
A very nice looking car ,and where did you get your paper Hand book from ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks.

I bought a brand new blue Land Rover document wallet from eBay.

Paper handbook was much harder to get. Bought a new one from eBay for about £35. Dealers can get them with your reg number, but want £54 without a document wallet!

Handbook for pre 2019 models more plentiful on eBay, but post 2019 don’t come up a lot.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Funny how they no longer come with the manual.
I got one with mine but to be honest I've never looked at it.
I always use the online version but perhaps I'm lazy ?
:D
Congrats on finally getting the car and the start of the "what does this button do" adventure.
:)

·
Registered
Audi Q5 TFSI S-Line 2018 model - Daytona Grey
30 Posts
Pleased to hear your collection went well @rencar, and your FE looks brilliant!! 👍👍

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Funny how they no longer come with the manual.
I got one with mine but to be honest I've never looked at it.
I always use the online version but perhaps I'm lazy ?
:D
Congrats on finally getting the car and the start of the "what does this button do" adventure.
:)
Exactly what I had yesterday evening. Struggling to find ambient lighting adjustment (first world issues and all that)!

Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,777 Posts
"To adjust the configurable interior mood lighting for colour and intensity, select the EXTRA FEATURES menu. The exterior lights must be switched on while changes are being made. See EXTRA FEATURES. "

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Rencar

looks awesome mate and it’s the same colour as I’m having tho not in the first edition he he

congrats and happy motoring

looking forward to hearing your reviews of it

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Woohoo!! Very nice car 👏 now the real fun begins trying to stop some things happening and trying to make other things happen. 🤔 It will be of no consolation to you at all to know that I still don’t know how to make certain things do what I want them to 😱

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
P.s. we need lots more photos 😁

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Here are a few more photos of my new Evoque First Edition:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Reactions: JRE

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Rencar
love it.. love the colour.. glad I changed the colour on my build, is that the grey interior?

looks awesome!!! Shame about the umbrella tho. I’ll try to get one when I eventually collect mine

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My only slight disappointment is this, which I spotted today on the passenger side:

The rubber has got caught in the top interior door capping when its been assembled (folded in). All the other doors/windows are fine. I did try to ease it away, but its tight and will leave the rubber loose. I don't think I want it attended to, particularly if anything needs to be disassembled door trim wise. Probably no-one else would notice it. I went over the car very carefully on handover and didn't spot this.

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Now that is one beautiful car, inside and out.

I would have thought a thin plastic blade would have eased that rubber out? If not, I would definitely mention it next time you’re in the dealers, it is going to play on your mind eventually if you leave it.

excellent car anyway 👍

·
Registered
Audi Q5 TFSI S-Line 2018 model - Daytona Grey
30 Posts
Your FE looks fantastic @rencar.........but a bit of a shame regarding the window seal....surprised this wasn’t picked up at the factory or at the PDI?? Personally, I’d get this changed under warranty, as it would really bug my OCD lol!!!

61 - 80 of 127 Posts