Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To avoid going off topic elsewhere, my new factory ordered RRE FE P250 is now 'on the move' from Halewood, having been stuck in Final & Trim. Some of my other posts about the ordering process, which has been a little tortuous (for me), can be located here:

To get an idea how Covid has affected planned Evoque Halewood factory builds, my Vista 2 detail is as below. Dealers are not supposed to share this with customers, but I insisted I wanted to know what was happening.

You'll note some of the dates when final spec changes were possible through to when the car was committed to build and when it was actually built. Then it got held up in the factory Summer three week shutdown! Because of all the messing around, my dealer actually located this very car and hooked the factory build for me around the 21st July 2020, which is when I joined the process.

Checking the official online service history just now with the dealer supplied VIN, my car has today been PDI'd at their national Land Rover branch and is being moved across to my local branch tomorrow hopefully.

Apparently I will be invited to view the car in advance before I actually take delivery on the 1st September. This maybe linked to the fact that they won't take debit card payment and need cleared payment the day before collection. I had said I wasn't comfortable about payment before I had the goods, but this may go some way to appeasing me.

I'll continue to chart progress, so apologies if it becomes boring, its just with all this excitement, its nice to share it!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So now, the car is being held up from leaving their national PDI centre (to be shipped to the local dealer) as they don't have the spare wheel kit. Its just been ordered, but isn't due in until the middle of next week, then has to be fitted and the car can be transported across.

I did ask why it wasn't ordered when I placed my order at the beginning of July - apparently they don't have the space to hold such items.

I do wonder if I'll ever get this blooming car!

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Crikey, your not having much luck with this motor-bet it’s the wrong colour and spec when it does turn up,,, frustrating.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know - it is so frustrating.

Its also potentially jeopardising me now getting it on the 1st September, as they want cleared CHAPS payment before the bank holiday weekend.

That means paying for a car I've not actually yet seen. The idea was that in advance of me paying for the car before delivery (something I'm not happy with), I could inspect it, to make sure its perfect before then settling. Then collecting the day after. If they accepted debit card (like most car dealers), I can check it over, pay for it there and then, trade in my current car and off we go.

They have kindly offered to delay handover until the 2nd or 3rd - I mean its not like I haven't been counting down the days until the 1st!

It seems the whole factory order/shipment is fraught with difficulties. I honestly don't think they deal/have dealt with many new factory orders, its mainly stock vehicles. Maybe I'm over thinking it all, and I should just wait for it to arrive and not worry about any actual handover date.

Alternatively, I tell them to forget the space saver spare at the moment. They can ship it to my local dealer and fit it after I've taken delivery.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,256 Posts
I blame Covid

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Or simple LR inefficiency.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
Audi Q5 TFSI S-Line 2018 model - Daytona Grey
29 Posts
Alternatively, I tell them to forget the space saver spare at the moment. They can ship it to my local dealer and fit it after I've taken delivery.
How frustrating......personally, I would definitely ask them to do the above.......good luck!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

I rang the dealer and as I started to suggest my idea, he said the car is in fact on its way to them now and will arrive in the next few hours.

He had decided yesterday to just get the spare wheel shipped over next week when and if it arrives. The car isn’t now being held up because of it. They’ll fit it when it arrives.

Meanwhile I’ll be able to go and see my new Evoque later today or tomorrow.

Let’s hope it’s the right colour and spec!

Reactions: Maffy and PhilB

·
Registered
Audi Q5 TFSI S-Line 2018 model - Daytona Grey
29 Posts
^^^^^Excellent news....good the see your dealer taking the positive initiative 👍👍. Good luck with the first viewing of your new car, and looking forward to some photos!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Paying by CHAPS is the new norm now due to money laundering laws, it was covered on here a few weeks back. I paid the full 22k with a debit card when I bought my X5, the dealer said worst case is the bank might ring you to see if the transaction is legit,.............it went straight through and they didn't ring but this was 7 or 8 years ago, things have changed since then though

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The excellent walk round HD video of my FE has just arrived and it looks spot on. The accessories (except the spare wheel kit) are all sitting ready in the boot.

All the protective stuff on the handles and door pillars is still in place on the car.

Going to see it at 2.30pm today!

Thanks all for your support

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Make sure there us a brolly there too- very important
good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ask for 2 ☂ I never got one 🙁

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I put a cheeky note to the dealer the other day, “hoping for a 'free umbrella' that many rivals give new customers”. We will see what happens on handover on Tuesday?

The space saver spare wheel, tyre and tools supposed to be fitted in my new car have again been further delayed. Good job the car wasn’t held moving to handover because of it.

I also suggested the loan of something special in the Land Rover range would surely be necessary whilst I am without my car when the spare does eventually arrive (if ever)!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Only one umbrella 🙁 you promised 😉🙄

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I find it quite interesting (or should I be at all concerned?), that no battery tests appear on Topix, for my forthcoming new car, following its PDI back on the 19th August.

Topix usually for other JLR vehicles I've looked up, shows a battery test done on the same date as the PDI. No such entry for mine, and as I understand it, this process has been completely done.

Most owners wouldn't even know, as they wouldn't have a Topix login.

Knowing as I do from Jaguar days, the susceptibility of modern cars and batteries, should I worry about this?

The cynic in me wonders if they actually do anything during PDI. The mileage is logged officially as 10 miles, when it was actually 5 when it got to the dealer.

I had been given a VIN number for an exact same vehicle that was supposed to be mine, but the salesman called the wrong car off and it got snapped up by another dealer. The PDI on that shows the following on Topix:

Topix doesn't have a Battery Test tab or entry for my VIN?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I find it quite interesting (or should I be at all concerned?), that no battery tests appear on Topix, for my forthcoming new car, following its PDI back on the 19th August.
Don't be concerned.
You have a 48v battery pack under the back seat in the MHEV which does a lot of the "heavy lifting" (stop-start being one).
So don't worry about the normal battery.
:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.

Just another question, with the Landrover Incontrol Remote pack.

Dealer said I would get an email on the actual day of handover to confirm my account. Is there anything I should or could do beforehand to make sure its logging journeys from the point I take delivery? I guess they don't want to give you access to your car (even though its now fully paid for), because I could remote start it!

I did wonder about downloading the app onto my iPhone, but wonder if I won't be able to do anything with it until the actual day of collection?

·
Registered
962 Posts
As far as I recall I had the email a couple of days beforehand which you have to confirm so they get your account going.
I had downloaded the app already so it was live quite quickly after I had replied to the e-mail.
If there are any problems the dealer can get it authorised there and then on collection day which was the old system I had on my XE's.
Make sure the salesperson has the Sim ready and they show you how to create your Nav account on the vehicle.
It can take a day or so before you can add the car to your route planner account which you need to create as well.
This will do the obvious route planning but it also has the map updates which come out every month or so.
You can register an account on here:
Land Rover Route Planner
It's a bit of a pain but this is separate from the Incontrol account.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts