Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
We collected our used Evoque yesterday and whilst it’s stunningly comfortable and great looking car I couldn’t wait to detail it. Especially To give the car a clay bar.

Whilst getting to know the car I’ve noticed the rear Range Rover sign on the boot lid has corroded- It’s the one with a red rim round it. Can these be purchased on eBay as I could seem to be able to find one?

The other thing was the Seat memory function. How do I move the seat to one of the three presets? Is there a knack as I seem to have set it all up, Message is displayed on the dash then when I get in and press number 2 it doesn’t move?

Just a couple of pics after said detail..

thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,285 Posts
Car looks great. To set the seat memory press the M button and the number you want to set it for. If the seat has been moved and you want it to put it to your setting just press the number you set that for. Is that a 6 or 9 speed auto ?

·
Super Moderator
12,285 Posts
Search Evoque boot badge on ebay. Quite a few come up.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Windy.Nice looking car. That’s made my mind up. I’m taking the black gloss wheels off mine and putting the spare silver ones on 🙂

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XZ4 -
It’s the 9 speed auto. I think one of the first models with the new revisions.

·
Registered
2013, Evoque SD4 - Firenza Red - Dynamic, 5dr Auto
141 Posts
Great work Windy. The car looks fab! I’ve never used a clay bar before myself? Are they easy enough to use?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great work Windy. The car looks fab! I’ve never used a clay bar before myself? Are they easy enough to use?
I've used a Meguiars clay bar and detailing spray in the past.
The difference is amazing, even when you think your car is clean!
Ran your hand over the pre-clayed paintwork and it will feel slightly rough - these are all the bits of tree sap and dirt, give it a once over with clay and it will be like glass!

·
Super Moderator
12,285 Posts
XZ4 -
It’s the 9 speed auto. I think one of the first models with the new revisions.
2014 model then if it has 9 speed 'box

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First thing I do when I get a new car is clay bar it. Makes a massive distance. It’s very very easy to do. Just watch a YouTube video and working 10 minutes you’ll be good to go! Next odd to ceramic coat out before winter. 👍

·
Registered
2013, Evoque SD4 - Firenza Red - Dynamic, 5dr Auto
141 Posts
Great, thank you. I’ll give it a go!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry predictive! There are lots but none with the red surround/base like the one already on my car?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,112 Posts
@Windy2484 How about this one: Black on red base from PowerfulUK Ltd.?

NB. It's worth updating your forum profile with your Evoque year and spec. :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ahh, it’s the Range Rover badge you’re after, I thought it was the Evoque one. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
12,285 Posts
I don't think the black/red Land Rover badge is standard. Someone has changed it at sometime. They're usually green.

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012, red/black, 261hp/440nm,
66 Posts
Remember, every time you use clay bar , you should polish also. Clay bar leaves small scratches.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Remember, every time you use clay bar , you should polish also. Clay bar leaves small scratches.
I did a small test (bonnet) on my car, which is Santorini Black.
Washed and dried the bonnet, did feel a little rough to touch.
Went over it with clay bar - it was disgusting! Lots of yellowish/orange deposits picked up (guessing tree sap?) Felt much better after, nice and smooth 👍
Gave it a coat of SmartPolish followed by SmartWax.
Its now like a mirror 😁

1 - 20 of 25 Posts