Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone else has a problem with the fuel spilling out at the end of a fill up on the Evoque.Normally as the tank fills up on every other car I’ve ever owned I hear the clicking sound and know it’s full as well as checking the pump to see how much is going in so ease off the handle to fill up to the top.
On its first fill up it happened to my hubby (who fills up his other car evey few days through work at the same petrol station). The fuel shot out all over his feet with some force and the air was somewhat blue with expletives!
However yesterday I went to fill up and being aware of the problem fortunately stood back. Just at the end despite topping it up very gently the fuel spewed out all down the side of the car quite forcibly again narrowly missing my feet.
Is this just an Evoque “thing” as we have never encountered it in any other car we have ever owned?Even the old series 2a and lightweight Land Rovers don’t do it and they are mid 1960’s technology.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Don’t think we’ve ever had that problem Sadie ... will ask other half later , the only time he gets to drive it is to fill it up😜

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t think we’ve ever had that problem Sadie ... will ask other half later , the only time he gets to drive it is to fill it up😜
Girl after my own heart 🤣. We thought it might be the supermarket pumps but it even happened at the Shell garage 🙁

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Never experienced that Sadie. I did notice though that once the pump clicks off you can't get much more in to try to round it up to the nearest £.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never experienced that Sadie. I did notice though that once the pump clicks off you can't get much more in to try to round it up to the nearest £.
We shall have to start wearing boiler suits every time we fill up at this rate and wellies 🙄

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Its my understanding that you shouldn't over fill the Evoque. When the first 'click' occurs on the hand nozzle, don't try and fill it further.
Perhaps one of the others here will explain why. - something to do with the pressurised fuel system, I believe.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
XZ4 is right.

I had a similar problem as you Sadie, the first time I filled mine. I collected it from the dealer and drove to the nearest shell garage to give it a full tank of V Power diesel.
I have always rounded the tank up to the next £ when filling my cars, so when it clicked off at something like .29 I just automatically eased off on the trigger and watched the pump click round to .00 when I looked back there was diesel running down the side of the car and all over my foot 😨
I have not tried rounding up since & it’s been fine.

Reactions: XZ4 and Maffy

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
XZ4 is right.

I had a similar problem as you Sadie, the first time I filled mine. I collected it from the dealer and drove to the nearest shell garage to give it a full tank of V Power diesel.
I have always rounded the tank up to the next £ when filling my cars, so when it clicked off at something like .29 I just automatically eased off on the trigger and watched the pump click round to .00 when I looked back there was diesel running down the side of the car and all over my foot 😨
You got OCD like me ? lol Pisses me off when it goes to .01 :mad:

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
When your OCD kicks in. What to do ? 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,745 Posts
At 4$ a gallon who cares!

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
Reactions: Trevorguy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XZ4 is right.

Thanks for that DKZ5745. So when it clicks that’s it. No more diesel.I’ll try again next time I fill up. I do normally try to get as much in as possible

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
I always fill mine to the brim & have never had this problem. " I had better stand back from now on":)

Reactions: Sadie

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I always fill mine to the brim & have never had this problem. " I had better stand back from now on":)
Put the boiler suit on, the wellies and then stand back. Oh and don’t forget the mask and goggles in case the person nxt to you has Coronavirus

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, me too OCD, but Evoque has cured me (not), first click and leave it, anymore and it gets messy.:(

·
Registered
68 Posts
I learnt the first time when I filled up with diesel and it was spilling out, now I no when it clicks that's it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts