Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2.0 TD4 HSE Dynamic Lux Auto 67 plate
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s my fault for not doing the due diligence over what is involved in a 48,000 mile service but I feel totally mugged by my dealership for what I got in return for the best part of £500.

All they appear to have done is
Renewal of Oil and Oil Filter
Renewal of Pollen Filter
Renewal of Engine Air Filter
Renewal of Fuel Filter

They also had the cheek to ask for £89 to replace the brake fluids and didn’t top up the Adblu.

The final confusing bit is they said the I needed 3 replacement tyres. All 3 are identical but the O/S front was priced at £275.40, the N/S front was £137.40 and the N/S rear was £389.40

I certainly won’t be returning

·
Registered
548 Posts
I know it’s my fault for not doing the due diligence over what is involved in a 48,000 mile service but I feel totally mugged by my dealership for what I got in return for the best part of £500.

Renewal of Pollen Filter
Renewal of Fuel Filter

They also had the cheek to ask for £89 to replace the brake fluids and didn’t top up the Adblu.

The final confusing bit is they said the I needed 3 replacement tyres. All 3 are identical but the O/S front was priced at £275.40, the N/S front was £137.40 and the N/S rear was £389.40

That is a crazy price to charge for a simple oil and filters service. Where was the dealership...London ?
If you need 3 tyres....tell them you'll have 3 of the N/S fronts 🤣

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
I assume you used a Stealership were there not a indie LR garage near you.
I know my next service which is due Feb 22 a mate of mine put me onto an indie and they are about £120 cheaper.

Thats crazy for the tyre's a tyre is a tyre irrelevant of fitment on vehicle 🙃🙃

·
Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux
126 Posts
I did that exact service myself for £80. That's crazy 🤪

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
Never ever again 😩
Will be worth checking your area for any indie garages nearby or have a search around the forum as this has been mentioned before.

At least with yours your on a 2yr service schedule

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts

Renewal of Pollen Filter
Renewal of Fuel Filter

I think I paid about £290 including breaks being checked along with other little jobs that LR don’t do. Again at a JLR trained independent guy. Bishop Auckland Durham still traveled about 42ish miles. I’m sure Halfords do a better service if you trust them.?

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts
I think I paid about £290 including breaks being checked along with other little jobs that LR don’t do. Again at a JLR trained independent guy. Bishop Auckland Durham still traveled about 42ish miles. I’m sure Halfords do a better service if you trust them.?
Just checked price £222

·
Registered
2017 2.0D HSE Dynamic Lux Auto (Blue)
16 Posts
I recently paid around £500 for a 40k service at an independent despite the car having only done 14k. They had spoken to RR to find out what was required for the service and unless this was done by the book RR would not register it on the service history.

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
244 Posts
When I had my VW Golf R I have the 19inch Petroria alloys. It got a service as part of plan I had on the car. They said I was down to 4mm on my tyres and quoted me £380. So I said go on then. It was when they request £1520 I questioned it and said it was £380 per tyre on Michelin pilot sport 4s.
I said I can buy them at the time on offer at £95 and they didn't beleive me. So I showed them the link to that price they stated they paid £130 each tyre trade. So my question back to them was how they could then add £250 to that price to change a tyre......no words were then returned as I took my bank card and car away.

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
When I had my VW Golf R I have the 19inch Petroria alloys. It got a service as part of plan I had on the car. They said I was down to 4mm on my tyres and quoted me £380. So I said go on then. It was when they request £1520 I questioned it and said it was £380 per tyre on Michelin pilot sport 4s.
I said I can buy them at the time on offer at £95 and they didn't beleive me. So I showed them the link to that price they stated they paid £130 each tyre trade. So my question back to them was how they could then add £250 to that price to change a tyre......no words were then returned as I took my bank card and car away.

I had 19" Santiagos on my 2016 Gti with P-Zeros on from new and at 2 months old got a bolt through the tread and out the side wall and even that only cost £260 fitted and ballenced 😁😄

·
Registered
548 Posts
I recently paid around £500 for a 40k service at an independent despite the car having only done 14k. They had spoken to RR to find out what was required for the service and unless this was done by the book RR would not register it on the service history.
£500 ??? At that price you might as well have used a main stealer. Sounds like you have also been mugged. 😟

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,422 Posts
Now that does sound a lot of money, even when they do charge £200 per hour!

Hold on I paid £500 for a main stealer service back in 2013 - oh no I remember the £500 was for the 5 year service plan :unsure: and they made such a mess of the last service they included the 6th one in the deal too. It works out at £83 per service, nice.

Those were the days of value for money and JLR wanting to keep your custom:(

·
Registered
2013 2.2 SD4 Dynamic Hatchback 5d Auto
61 Posts
They are having a laugh.. It took me about a hour on my drive.
For example on the Wife’s 2.2 it’s about £70 for all the genuine LR service bits. Cheaper if you go OEM. If I do cheap out on OEM I always go genuine on the oil filter but that’s just me.
Allow about £40 for some decent oil.

Let’s go for the worse case scenario.
You have a basic set of tools. But you need to add a 27mm flexible Ratchet spanner for the oil filter and a fuel system primer for changing the fuel filter. So £14 for the spanner and £22 for the fuel primer.
Total £146.00 for a full service.

·
Registered
MY 2017 2.0L ED4 Tech 2WD
2 Posts
I’ve used Halfords for six years and they’ve always done me proud. I also have a life time guarantee on my brakes.

·
Registered
2013 2.2 SD4 Dynamic Hatchback 5d Auto
61 Posts
I’ve used Halfords for six years and they’ve always done me proud. I also have a life time guarantee on my brakes.
Although you have to watch the stores on price “Halfrauds“😉. (Definitely better if you can get yourself a trade card.)
I have had nothing but a good experience at the Auto Centres. Admittedly a long time ago.
Even took my DMC there when I first got it (21 years ago) for a Service and lucked out as the mechanic had recently emigrated from SA and turned out was Merc/Ferrari trained. The chap was a K-jet wizard and sorted lots of little niggles on the car.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
448 Posts
I know Halfords seem to get some bad press, but I recently took all 3 of our cars there for the free MOT that they have been offering and all passed without quibble.
Then they kept on giving me £5 and £10 vouchers so I stocked up on sponges, buckets and air fresheners !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts