Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to satisfy my geeky side and get a fault code reader. Has anyone got a recommendation?
I am thinking about the iCarsoft i930 which is under £100 and looks to be a good starting point.

Any other suggestions guys?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow! I really thought there would be some fellow geeks on here ready to share their experiences but maybe I am on my own in my geekiness :p
After trawling around on t'internet I came across the iCarsoft LR v2.0 which appears to be a very competent tool, which can detect and clear all sorts of codes, put EPB into service mode (I struggled with this) reset service lights along with brake resets, stop/start battery resets and a load more stuff. Not bad for £136
If anyone else is interested check it out here - go on ...... it will give you something to do during lockdown :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Hi RazMaz, I bought the same it seems to do what it says on the box all good up to now. Plugged into my neighbours 2011 4.2 V8 diesel RR, it picked up the DPF fault but could not do the regen.
Not surprising though as a local indie could not do it either. Turns out it was a sensor on one of the exhaust banks gone duff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Razman, I see you have a MY16 - have you bought the iCarsoft LR v2.0?

If you have I'd be interested to hear how well it interacts with the car?

I was looking for a OBD reader back in the summer but was advised that none of them really worked with the MY16 onwards as the electronics are very different to the earlier models.

In particular the spec says it can read and run DPF regens - can you confirm if this is the case?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will report back Andy - it has been despatched but I am not sure how the post is doing at the moment. Watch this space (y)

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Will be interested in your findings when the code reader comes. I’ve looked for one but as I haven’t actually needed it yet I haven’t got round to buying one. The one I had for my last car was BMW specific only.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It arrived! First impression is that it appears to be a very capable bit of kit. I had to first download an update from the icarsoft website to make sure it was up to speed with my model - there are specific sections for the <2016 and 2017> and even more in some categories. I managed to reset my new battery (fitted by the dealer but he didn't do the reset) which cleared a dash warning light. I then checked to see if the EPB could be put into maintenance mode - it worked fine. I looked at the DPF and although I didn't do a forced regen, that option was there. So far so good :)

·
Registered
MY 2016 Autobiography
17 Posts
I have an Icarsoft LR V2.0 with the latest updates. Great bit of kit. It says it can reset the service counter / oil reset this function which i think worked the first time i used it. But now after JLR fitted update/patch N025 it no longer resets the service /oil counters. Says it has but when checked the displays stay the same. I would welcome any comments from members if they find the same thing or if they get it to reset corectly I hace asked Icarsoft to look into this and are waiting for their respons

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,639 Posts
Hi @Chekoo, it's worth updating your forum signature with vehicle spec/MY as it helps with replies :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had a disappointing reply from iCarsoft ........

'I'm sorry to tell you that we are still working to add your model.
I will let you know when it's covered.'

:(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had a disappointing reply from iCarsoft ........

'I'm sorry to tell you that we are still working to add your model.
I will let you know when it's covered.'

:(
I was keenly following this thread and emailed icarsoft with the same response with regards to a forced DPF regeneration.
When you get a chance to have a play with all the features available id be interested to hear how it performs on the MY16+ (y)

·
Registered
MY 2016 Autobiography
17 Posts
I was about to order, but decided to wait until the updates are confirmed, Hopefully someone will post here when updates released.

I was keenly following this thread and emailed icarsoft with the same response with regards to a forced DPF regeneration.
When you get a chance to have a play with all the features available id be interested to hear how it performs on the MY16+ (y)

Update Icarsoft
On Saturday I had the message that Service require in 1850 miles. I used my Icarsot and attempted to reset the service and also the oil service required The Icarsoft indicated that both were successful however the message was still displayer and the oil service remained at 1850
Checked this the next day and just the same. Used the car for the next two day about 20 miles and now the service required message is not displayed? but the oil service now shows 1700
I am talking to Icarsoft and will report back their finds

Nigel

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be fair it is still worth the money just for the ability to read and clear codes, activate the EPB, DPF regen etc. However it will be even better when the promised updates are released.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would imagine they will sort it out just by software updates rather than a new design, so it’s probably worth buying anyway

·
Registered
9 Posts
  • Just brought the icarsoft found one of my sensors not working order a new one so it has pay for itself already.

·
Registered
MY 2016 Autobiography
17 Posts
Just been to my local friendly garage who have a AUTEL MaxiSys Pro Diagnostic code reader with the latest updates.
They kindly hocked it up to my Evoque

It first said the Battery voltage should be at least 12.4 volts?
Connected a charger to bring up the voltage
The Autel ask if it was an Oil change OR a full service?
We said full service
The Autel reset the service required correctly
All ok now
Still waiting on iCarsoft for an update

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,639 Posts
@Chekoo Looking at your profile pic it looks like you have a MY16 onwards Evoque (PS It's worth updating your forum signature or the newly introduced profile options with your MY and spec etc. :) )

I've heard (could be wrong) you need Pathfinder to carry out the separate oil service reset you mention - I did a quick Google and see Autel do support this - so you have a decent local garage there (y)

I haven't had to use them yet, by my local garage have also invested in Pathfinder equipment :)

·
Registered
MY 2016 Autobiography
17 Posts
I have been informed that the AUTEL MX808”C” reader is compatible with Land Rovers and will reset the Oil/Service message (And other makes) but it is around £500+vat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts