208 Posts
Mr Bear said:
Hi all,
Has anyone had a tour of the factory,
If so was it good?
Where was it?
How long was it?

Thanks

If you go to babyrr.com, you will find a long thread about a trip they have organised, and I'm sure, when they've been, you'll learn all you want to know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi,We did a factory tour (Halewood) as they were originally setting up for starting production of the Evoque, when they only made the Freelander 2. It was fantastic and worth the hour and a half it took. We then went on the LR Experience on the same site.
It was brilliant watching how the production line worked and how everything arrived just in time. As mentioned, the line only made Freelanders at the time but I understand that everything now goes down the one line, Freelanders and Evoques! Brilliant if true.
Anyway, definitely worth the visit if you can get there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I WORK AT HALEWOOD AND YES THE EVOQUE AND FREELANDER GO DOWN THE SAME LINE 2 EVOQUES TO 1 FREELANDER AT THE MOMENT.

·
Registered
141 Posts
How would one arrange a tour of Halewood?
Anyone know? I am fairly local and would love o see it as I have heard many stories about how precise and state of the art it is

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am pretty sure that it was part of the Land Rover Experience. The idea was you did a tour of the factory, and then went onto the off road course. Ask your dealer for a voucher...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts