Evoque P250 Autobiography
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took delivery of my P250.
Here’s the history….
  • ordered 26 February
  • told to expect delivery in October due to chip shortages
  • dealer then tells me it was built in April for delivery in May
  • the day before I was due to collect it (Fri 13th!) it got held back under a JLR natIonal campaign ( deformed pin connection to passenger air bag)
  • took JLR 8 weeks to sort out a fix, which appears to have been a small job for the dealer to rectify
  • collected delivery 4 August!

It‘s a P250 autobiography, although I chose 20” wheels rather than the standard 21” (design preference) with the only options I paid for: black paint, privacy glass and the £50 cup holder cover!

It came with 2 keys but no gesture tailgate (it’s still powered though) contrary to the standard autobiography spec. I don’t think they were going to tell me it was missing, it was only when I tried it in the showroom that they fessed up!

I am down £55 in abortive insurance costs from cancelling the first policy after the first aborted collection. On the other hand the price has held firm at the date of order and they since increased by around 3% from what I can see.

More than happy to make allowances for these unusual times and chip shortages etc. I am not in the least bothered about the lack of a gesture tailgate but they should have been upfront about it……service costs nothing and earns huge goodwill.

Love the car so far, it feels like a higher driving position than the E-Pace…..although struggling to turn off the automatic sunblind open/close!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
203 Posts
hi and the car looks great,regarding the auto sunblind, when you start the car let the sunblind open then when its open press the button to close it when closed switch car off and get out and lock re open and get in and when you start the car it shouldnt open unless you press the button to open it.

hope this helps

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto Yulong White Black Pack Few Subtle Mods
1,578 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum and Evoque ownership nice looking car you have there 👍

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
what a lovely looking car you have there :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations I’ve had mine a week now and love it.

my dealer told me about the missing gesture tailgate prior to collection, I wasn’t the least bit bothered.

enjoy.

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
2013 L538 2.2 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,698 Posts
Looking great, congratulations.
Hope it runs as good as it looks.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
You won't miss the gesture tailgate as 95% of the time it doesn't work anyway and you look a prat in the supermarket carpark doing the hokey cokey by your back bumper, we have it but always use the key fob to open and close

Reactions: Jasgas and Angel

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
The very first Evoque I went to look at had the gesture thingy. The saleswoman was doing a dance like a Tiller Girl (for us oldies) trying to get it to work, but she eventually gave up & said the feature must have been turned off in the menu 🤣
Yeah, right 🤥

·
Registered
5,099 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
PM me, I think I have a video somewhere 🤔👀😱

·
Registered
MY21 - 71 Reg P300e Autobiography
348 Posts
Here’s the history….
  • ordered 26 February
  • the day before I was due to collect it (Fri 13th!) it got held back under a JLR natIonal campaign ( deformed pin connection to passenger air bag)
  • took JLR 8 weeks to sort out a fix, which appears to have been a small job for the dealer to rectify

It‘s a P250 autobiography, although I chose 20” wheels rather than the standard 21” (design preference) with the only options I paid for: black paint, privacy glass and the £50 cup holder cover!

It came with 2 keys but no gesture tailgate (it’s still powered though) contrary to the standard autobiography spec. I don’t think they were going to tell me it was missing, it was only when I tried it in the showroom that they fessed up!

I am down £55 in abortive insurance costs from cancelling the first policy after the first aborted collection. On the other hand the price has held firm at the date of order and they since increased by around 3% from what I can see.

More than happy to make allowances for these unusual times and chip shortages etc. I am not in the least bothered about the lack of a gesture tailgate but they should have been upfront about it……service costs nothing and earns huge goodwill.

Love the car so far, it feels like a higher driving position than the E-Pace…..although struggling to turn off the automatic sunblind open/close! View attachment 14579
Great looker enjoy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here’s the history….
  • ordered 26 February

Love the car so far, it feels like a higher driving position than the E-Pace…..although struggling to turn off the automatic sunblind open/close! View attachment 14579
Did my tip work regarding the sunroof blind?

·
Registered
Evoque P250 Autobiography
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Initial impressions after nearly a week….

My benchmark comparison is my old car, an E-Pace P250 HSE, so a very similar car and spec….

- love Pivi Pro, a huge improvement on InTouch Pro (although miss the ETA feature, a habit I need to unlearn)
- the set up doesn’t feel as sporty, but the handling is exceptionally self-assured
- road noise is lower
- love the matrix lights, the way they fan out in front of you (driving over Exmoor late at night). Pleasantly surprised that I’ve had no one heading towards me flash me which has given me confidence in them
- new to me and a small thing, but I really like the HOLD feature

less good….
- my commute involves a few steep hills. I’d normally take my foot off the gas and improve my MPG. The E-Pace would broadly hold its speed going down hill whereas the Evoque slows down noticeably, meaning I have to keep on the gas downhill, killing my MPG. I wonder if this an MHEV regen thing?

- perhaps my expectations of Meridian Surround Sound were too high. I think it’s worse than then standard Meridian system!

- the position of the phone charger is awkward.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Initial impressions after nearly a week….

My benchmark comparison is my old car, an E-Pace P250 HSE, so a very similar car and spec….

• love Pivi Pro, a huge improvement on InTouch Pro (although miss the ETA feature, a habit I need to unlearn)
  • the set up doesn’t feel as sporty, but the handling is exceptionally self-assured
  • road noise is lower
  • love the matrix lights, the way they fan out in front of you (driving over Exmoor late at night). Pleasantly surprised that I’ve had no one heading towards me flash me which has given me confidence in them
  • new to me and a small thing, but I really like the HOLD feature

less good….
- my commute involves a few steep hills. I’d normally take my foot off the gas and improve my MPG. The E-Pace would broadly hold its speed going down hill whereas the Evoque slows down noticeably, meaning I have to keep on the gas downhill, killing my MPG. I wonder if this an MHEV regen thing?

- perhaps my expectations of Meridian Surround Sound were too high. I think it’s worse than then standard Meridian system!

- the position of the phone charger is awkward.
I love some of the points you make ... `the HOLD function is by far one the most amazing things invented ... `I drove my sons 2 year RR sport back from his wedding this weekend and it doesn't have it ... an hour of no hold I missed it like crazy ...
Pivi pro I was unsure at first but again after using in control pro on Monday I love my pivi and even Alexa has been my friend recently ....
matrix headlights yes are great although I have been flashed when going round a bend on a B road but only a couple of times ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts