Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque 2016 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2016 RR Evoque and have noticed a tin rattle type noise on low revs. It seems to be where the exhaust pipe connects and there is 1-2mm gap around the joint.

Does anyone know if I am missing a clamp or something here that I can order or how to resolve the rattle?

Images attached to show where I am talking about.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2016 RR Evoque and have noticed a tin rattle type noise on low revs. It seems to be where the exhaust pipe connects and there is 1-2mm gap around the joint.

Does anyone know if I am missing a clamp or something here that I can order or how to resolve the rattle?

View attachment 8671 View attachment 8672

Images attached to show where I am talking about.

Thanks

Good evening, have you checked the dpf heatshield just on the right of your image, its held on with 4 tabs of chocolate, that is the most common area for exhaust rattles.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque 2016 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good evening, have you checked the dpf heatshield just on the right of your image, its held on with 4 tabs of chocolate, that is the most common area for exhaust rattles.
Hey Rob,

Yeah I took it to an exhaust garage and they said they best thing to do would be to cut off the piece I have highlighted in the pictures as it’s just a heat shield and there’s about a 1mm gap around it causing the vibration noise. The metal is too thin to weld. Otherwise it will cost a right bit I’m told to replace the parts.

Surprised something like this has moved/come loose.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
P300e
202 Posts
"just a heatshield"

So you cut it off and then what?

Manufacturers don't put parts like this on cars for the sake of it, they count every single penny.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I haven’t done any car repairs since I was a teenager, so this might be a useless suggestion, but back in the day, when I couldn’t afford to get a new exhaust, there was some kind of paste, “Gun Gum” springs to mind, but that might not be correct. I know you could repair holes etc with it, so forcing it into the gap you have & letting it set would probably stop any movement & therefore any rattle.
Just a thought. 🤔

1 - 5 of 5 Posts