Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
51 Posts
Exactly. I wrote down the range i had after the dealer filled it up. When a warning comes up i check the range left and then i can more or less guess how much can be added. I always add a bit less then

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes this is what they told me, the MY20 cars have a gauge, can't remember if its % or litres left in tank. If your told you only have 2 litres left then you know a 10L bottle will fit in with room to spare, if your told you have 200 miles left well how many litres do I need?
As above - looks like every model year differs, I've already done one DEF top up myself, there's not a "gauge" as such, but it says how many litres (seem to remember I needed to change units as it was in gallons - linked to other display settings).
I first got a DEF mileage warning at start-ups (think it was at about 1500mls to go), then going in to the vehicle information menu it showed how many litres needed on the same page as the oil service readout.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,351 Posts
Wow ours never told us how many litres were required and we run it down to 200 miles as said, if I'm paying 29.99 for a top up then I'm getting my monies worth lol!

Currently we're ok...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow ours never told us how many litres were required and we run it down to 200 miles as said, if I'm paying 29.99 for a top up then I'm getting my monies worth lol!

Currently we're ok...

View attachment 8419
:)
Cost me £9.99
Redex AdBlue 10Ltr

So looks like dealer was half right, MY16-17 has no readout, MY18 (and I assume)-19 does

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
(y) I know I can buy it cheaper, in fact I'd go as far to say I'd get it free if I buy it using my works fuel card but my worry was/is if I top it up myself and get an incorrect quality warning or any other adblue warning or if I overfill it - how do I drain it then I'm on my own and have a bill to pay, I'd rather pay the dealer to top it up and if I get a warning(which did happen) then its down to the dealer to fix it, I did write a post about the apprentice tech who didn't knowhow much to put in so evidentally brimmed it and caused a DEF quality warning, so it went back to the dealer and I argued you topped it up using JLR fluid and now I have an incorrect quality DEF warning.........sort it, they argued it wouldn't be that but I countered this with overfilling can cause the same catch all warning and your technician didn't know how much to put in so brimmed it so whichever way you want to slice it you've caused it, they had it a day and fixed it FOC, if i topped it up myself and caused that then you can bet your mortgage the dealer would want £120+vat diagnostic fee then a days labour @ £188 per hour plus parts

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
252 Posts

Currently we're ok...

View attachment 8419
Hmmmm...my Remote app doesn't tell me anything about DEF or DPF, mines just has miles to service!

Wonder why there is a difference there too??

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Wonder why there is a difference there too??
There are differnces between the app for iPhones and Android.
The iPhone version always seems to have had more info.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I'm on Android

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm on Android
And I'm on iPhone....well that's annoying, you would think that they would have something like that consistent across the apps as that is not a platform specific issue it's just another vehicle derived piece of information to display on the status screen.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Which version do have installed?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Which version do have installed?

View attachment 8420
On Android I have both the "Remote" apps.
The one with the black top is the original which I use more often as I find it easier.
The one with the white top is the newer version which doesn't give me any more info (I have a petrol so no Adblue info), took 6 months to start working properly and is a pain to log out compared to the original.
New one just said my doors are unlocked (they aren't) the older one says it's secure which it is.
There was a rumour they would be stopping the older version which is why I also have the latest.
For the info I need or want the older one does fine for me.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
311 Posts
I may be wrong but... I seem to remember that this "Incorrect Quality" thing came from a poster who had either mis-read the warning or mis-typed the title of a thread on this forum. In fact what he should have typed was "Incorrect Quantity". And, like an urban myth, this has perpetuated throughout the forum.
(Please correct me if you really have seen "Incorrect Quality" displayed)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Maybe but there's definitely 'quality' warnings out there

Reactions: rawpilot

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Reactions: rawpilot

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
311 Posts
I stand corrected. ;) (y)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've managed to find a 10 pager on this saga from the XE forums.
Garages charging for things that aren't needed.
Saying the adblue quality was wrong when the stuff used had the correct specs etc etc.
On page 7 are pics of the crud that can build up and how someone fixed it themselves.
Of course the tank etc will be in a different place on the Evoque but you can see all the nonsense that this issue causes.

Ad Blue Incorrect Quality and 512 mile Warning - Jaguar XE Forums

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
(y) good read

·
Super Moderator
8,980 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts