Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque, 2LT ED4, SE Tech, Black with White Leather Interior & Privacy Glass
30 Posts
Where does the as blue get added

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts
Under the bonnet near the bulkhead.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I thought if it was a top up needed it said top up. That looks like dirty fluid warning or similar

·
Registered
Evoque Hse dynamic lux sd4
30 Posts
That looks like a adblue injector problem they can corrode over time and block up needs diagnosis buy someone that knows the cars

·
Registered
367 Posts
Had the same recently. Land Rover Assist came out and diagnosed a problem that needed a visit to the dealer. Dealer replaced a part. Made the extended warranty worthwhile this year.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
There are common issues with this "dosing" fault or "incorrect adblue quality" across diesel Ingeniums in other models too.
Often it's a crystalline build up on the injector which shoves the adblue into the exhaust.
It's also caused by a build up on the sensor in the tank if it is brimmed.
Always add 1 litre less than the car is saying to prevent that.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,342 Posts
That's not a top up warning, yes the no restarts in xxx miles is but the dosing part isn't. The incorrect quality fluid detected warning which we have had strangely means the injector is probably blocked as the pig wee can crystalize so no fluid is going in thus the exhaust gasses (NOx) are outside their parameter so the computer thinks you must be injecting something other than adblue because it ain't reducing the NOx gasses, it actual fact your not injecting anything because it's blocked but the computer doesn't know it's blocked, all it knows is what's coming out your tailpipe is wrong so it assumes the adblue must be incorrect

@Jane c How long have you had the car, have you ever had it topped up in your ownership, has it been topped up recently?

For ref ours need topping up roughly every 4,000 miles and we get a no restarts warning at 1,200 miles

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
There are common issues with this "dosing" fault or "incorrect adblue quality" across diesel Ingeniums in other models too.
Often it's a crystalline build up on the injector which shoves the adblue into the exhaust.
It's also caused by a build up on the sensor in the tank if it is brimmed.
Always add 1 litre less than the car is saying to prevent that.
Trouble is the pre MY20 cars don't give you a %, if you get a 500 mile warning well how many litres have you got left, you know it's a 14L tank, ok your going to be safe putting in a litre at a time but where do you stop, there's no gauge to say 70,80,90% full like you posh guys have

·
Registered
336 Posts
Trouble is the pre MY20 cars don't give you a %, if you get a 500 mile warning well how many litres have you got left, you know it's a 14L tank, ok your going to be safe putting in a litre at a time but where do you stop, there's no gauge to say 70,80,90% full like you posh guys have
You can check the level on the ODB2 data socket.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Not true, my MY18 gives litres required in vehicle info menu available when engine not running.

Reactions: Yoda

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Honestly didn't think we had that option, went through menus with engine running and without and I never saw that in vehicle info, even the dealer said the older shape didn't do this, specifically it was when they'd overfilled it thus causing a DEF quality error, the tech asked the mrs when she took it in for top up how much she wanted in, she said she didn't know and your the tech you should be telling me, just top it up, so he proceeded to overfill it, if it was as simple as looking in vehicle info then surely the tech and the dealer should know this?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Never trust a JLR dealer :LOL:
My DEF tank is quite full at the moment so isn't showing how many litres can be added, just says refill is not required yet. Once the level gets lower it starts to show how many litres can be added. As previously mentioned it's wise to only put in 1 or 2 litres less than stated to avoid the over-fill error.

May be you should show him this. ^
(I suppose it's possible your MY16 is different to a MY18?)

Unfortunately all too often the jest below is too close to the truth. IMO

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque, 2LT ED4, SE Tech, Black with White Leather Interior & Privacy Glass
30 Posts
Never trust a JLR dealer :LOL:
My DEF tank is quite full at the moment so isn't showing how many litres can be added, just says refill is not required yet. Once the level gets lower it starts to show how many litres can be added. As previously mentioned it's wise to only put in 1 or 2 litres less than stated to avoid the over-fill error.

View attachment 8416

May be you should show him this. ^
(I suppose it's possible your MY16 is different to a MY18?)

Unfortunately all too often the jest below is too close to the truth. IMO
View attachment 8417
Never trust any mechanic tbh

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
50 Posts
I have a my2017. This one doesn’t show how many lters can be added. I heard from the landrover dealer that this indicator was added to newer models ..... when i was at the dealer because of problems because i overfilled it

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
You said yours told you litres required not miles, I have miles as well - on the dash and on the app, what I meant was when you get a warning (we get ours at 1,200 miles and run it down to 200 before topping up) how many litres have I got left when I'm a 200miles to no restarts............you just don't know so how do you know how much adblue to put in, we know its a 14L tank and I can buy 10L of adblue for 10 quid but what I don't know is how many litres I still have left

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have a my2017. This one doesn’t show how many lters can be added. I heard from the landrover dealer that this indicator was added to newer models ..... when i was at the dealer because of problems because i overfilled it
Yes this is what they told me, the MY20 cars have a gauge, can't remember if its % or litres left in tank. If your told you only have 2 litres left then you know a 10L bottle will fit in with room to spare, if your told you have 200 miles left well how many litres do I need?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I guess every model year is a different story.
(does your MY17 show miles to oil service?)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts