Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those vehicles living in constant sub zero temperatures, do you add any extra protection at the top of the bonded windscreen to prevent ice and snow freezing in the gap and trying to separate the glass from the metal, or has it proved not to be a problem,
Regards
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,
As no comments, I assume there are no problems with ice in the gap at the top of the screens causing premature failures,
Regards
Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,159 Posts
Or you could assume there are no Scandinavian members...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could be right. I believe many have been changing to the Tesla 4WD vehicles as electricity is cheap in places like Norway.
Having had a windscreen bonding failure, I'm now a little cautious and have been looking at some of the filler strips advertised on Ebay as my vehicle spends a lot of time in the winter outside up in the French Alps.
The failure was due to the etching primer failing to do its job properly during manufacture and photos are on there way to JLS on this,
Regards
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes,
Range Rover top end prices, but the one I went in had the top end seating and everything else.
However, we are not in Norway and electricity is somewhat more expensive than in Norway. I intend keeping my evoque for ten years ( fingers crossed) before changing it, hopefully for a hydrogen vehicle that should be around by then. NPL have been running and testing them for a few years now,
Regards
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts