Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

Following confirmation from my dealer of my build slot and early October delivery date I have recently booked in to the Evoque Unleashed Test Drive event at York racecourse on Sat 6th Aug @ 5.30pm but may now need to be in Manchester on that day so I am wondering if there is anyone who is booked into the same event in York on Sunday 7th Aug that would prefer to attend on the Saturday evening and would be prepared to swap slots, if this is even possible to do with LR?.

Any takers???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to me that they have massively underestimated how many slots they have needed to provide for this... and thats why I am hoping to be able to swap my slot seeing as I managed to successfully get one of the Saturday ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I would update this thread after attending the Evoque Unleashed event at York racecourse yesterday...

Firstly, I must say 'hats off' to LR for organising such a great event. I was genuinely amazed when the LR guy said in the first briefing that they had 30+ Evoques there in nearly every spec combination and that we would have nearly 1 hour of driving in these cars on our own around York. Admittedly, it was around a pre-programmed route but was a great opportunity to get a feel for the car and see how they performed. We were then treated to a very nice dinner and had the opportunity to really have a poke around the cars and ask lots of important questions to the LR guys who were all very knowledgeable and extremely friendly and helpful.

In terms of the car I can only comment on the 5dr Dynamic Si4 that I drove (and have ordered) but what a car - the power delivery of the turbo petrol engine is superb and the car feels great to drive in combination with the very responsive auto gearbox. In sport mode and dynamic mode you could really throw the car around and it handled like a hot-hatch with very little body roll thanks to the magnetic ride suspension, which incidentally soaks up every single imperfection in the tarmac that our roads are unfortunately littered with. All in all I can only say that I was and still am genuinely amazed by how capable these vehicles seem to be and I am truly converted. Bye bye TVR T350c and Ford daily runaround - Hello Evoque.

One thing to state however, I was very surprised how many people there had not actually ordered a car yet and this must be very annoying to the large amount of people who have ordered a vehicle and could not secure a place to attend!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was told when I ordered I would be contacted for such an event but since then, there has been a deafening silence. From one point of view, I think LR will be offering places to interested people rather than to confirmed buyers - no need to preach to the converted. As it is, I expect the first time I will drive an Evoque will be when I get the keys to my own. Thanks for your driving impressions on the Si4 Dynamic.

·
Registered
219 Posts
mark_n said:
I was told when I ordered I would be contacted for such an event but since then, there has been a deafening silence. From one point of view, I think LR will be offering places to interested people rather than to confirmed buyers - no need to preach to the converted. As it is, I expect the first time I will drive an Evoque will be when I get the keys to my own. Thanks for your driving impressions on the Si4 Dynamic.

I am a confirmed buyer and got an invite to york via email, tried to arrange for sunday which was the only day off i could get, was told it was fully booked and would get a call should there be any calculations.

Did I get a call? no. Not a problem if nobody cancelled however i am aware other people have managed to get swapped to sunday slots in the last week or so. This has annoyed me a bit seeing as I was told it was full about 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Stub101 said:
Thought I would update this thread after attending the Evoque Unleashed event at York racecourse yesterday...

Firstly, I must say 'hats off' to LR for organising such a great event. I was genuinely amazed when the LR guy said in the first briefing that they had 30+ Evoques there in nearly every spec combination and that we would have nearly 1 hour of driving in these cars on our own around York. Admittedly, it was around a pre-programmed route but was a great opportunity to get a feel for the car and see how they performed. We were then treated to a very nice dinner and had the opportunity to really have a poke around the cars and ask lots of important questions to the LR guys who were all very knowledgeable and extremely friendly and helpful.

In terms of the car I can only comment on the 5dr Dynamic Si4 that I drove (and have ordered) but what a car - the power delivery of the turbo petrol engine is superb and the car feels great to drive in combination with the very responsive auto gearbox. In sport mode and dynamic mode you could really throw the car around and it handled like a hot-hatch with very little body roll thanks to the magnetic ride suspension, which incidentally soaks up every single imperfection in the tarmac that our roads are unfortunately littered with. All in all I can only say that I was and still am genuinely amazed by how capable these vehicles seem to be and I am truly converted. Bye bye TVR T350c and Ford daily runaround - Hello Evoque.

One thing to state however, I was very surprised how many people there had not actually ordered a car yet and this must be very annoying to the large amount of people who have ordered a vehicle and could not secure a place to attend!!!

Love your review....well done glad you enjoyed it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts