Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi All

i am getting the transparent seat Covers patterned up today cant wait till i get them i am sick of looking at grey covers over my cream oxford leather saddle stiched seats will update later

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have had these covers made for every day use to keep the leather clean as they get dirty very quick, only had the car a few weeks and got fed up of cleaning them

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only way I would have seat covers made would be if I suffered from incontinence. I admire your ingenuity but in my eyes they totally detract from a beautiful interior and I'd pay the extra for a regular valet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my caribbean mother in law who lives in Harlem has covers like this on her sofa; not very pleasant in the summer and you tend to stick to them if wearing shorts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not a fan......sorry. Prefer the unadorned leather look even if it means extra cleaning.

Is there not a treatment you can use to protect the leather from staining, or at least make them easier to clean?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The only reason I can see to have these type of seat covers is if your pants were covered in wet mud or were soaked through from interior mud. Maybe I'm a heathen who can't see dirt, but I almost never find at need to clean my car seats. If I'm bothering to vacuum the inside, I'll hit the seats at the same time.

Sign me a "not neatness freak". If I "saved" my leather seats by covering like this, I think I would probably get about $3 extra when it came time to trade in or sell. Hardly worth the bother and in the meantime, I'm enjoying the feel of leather. Always wondered why PETA pickets fur stores, but doesn't seem to give a **** about leather seats. Wonder how many PETA freaks are sitting on leather seats?

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's the main reason why I went for a black interior, although I find it rather dark grey. If I buy something, it's to use it, not to hide it. Yours will probably be nicer whenever you try to sell the car, but mine will be nice all the time I use them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello: first post....be gentle with me! In defence of seat covers, [and rubber mats], some of us use our Land Rovers for farm and other work. It means you can use the vehicle without constant worry about the seats and carpets, yet when used for social/leisure purposes, its takes little time to pull of the covers, pull out the mats and with a wash down the vehicle is ready for a trip to town.

I seem to be the first person to order a [Havana] Evoque with a tan interior?, so I shall soon start my campaign to get land Rover [or anyone for that matter] to supply tan seat covers! Perhaps they should do Cirrus and Ivory versions too?

By the way, the Land Rover waterproof covers for our 2011 Discovery are works of art....perfect secure fit, very comfortable, easy to fit & remove and even have burst out slots for what I assume are seat mounted airbags.

Finally, the see-through covers are interesting, but not for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts