Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to figure out my spec for my evoque, people say a range rover should be 5 door auto and diesel. Im thinking about the SI4 coupe lux or SD4 5 door lux both dynamic and cause i want dynamic spec, i think it needs the sporty engine for the dynamic, a bit like a baby supercharged sport but thats 5 door. So has anyone else any opinions ? I dont carry passengers very often at all

·
Registered
15 Posts
You say you will not carry many passengers at all,once you get the car you will be surprised how many people will want to go out in it with you.I have had my dynamic coupe now for three months and i think it is gradually dying down now with the amount of people that want a spin in it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont do many miles a year either so not really bothered about fuel economy etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the dynamic diesel 2.2 5 door and would just warn you about economy expectations. i have done 3200 miles and average 30.5mpg from new, not quite what i expected. the miles include around 2400 motorway at around 85mph ( i went skiing and elsewhere). the car averages 30.2mpg at 85mph. The notion of getting 40mpg out of this car is a complete fantasy, for me 32mpg is optimistic.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have done 1,000 miles in my SD4 Auto 5 door and in the early days was getting 30mpg now I am averaging 37 mpg on 'b' roads so it has improved. I don't know how that compares with the Si4.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Drive above 70 and the weight and aerodynamics kill the frugal engine from an mpg perspective. To get 40+ you need a fetherlite touch on the throttle stay at 50 - 60 and a fair tail wind. The average driver in my eyes will get low 30's to mid. Best I got was 38.5 on a trip from wigan to Sheffield over woodhead. Typical mway journey circa 37 so far. Done nearly 5000 miles. It's a killer fuel I'm afraid but we all wanted a 4x4.... This is the price. It's been a huge topic on this forum. A lot are saying tough and if you can afford 30k plus you can afford it and you should have known better and the published figures are right in optimum conditions. All valid points. Personally I don't agree. A big marketing is the apparent excellent mpg. Just because I can afford to pay it does not mean I have to like it and some people will make their choice based on this info to find its costing them a lot more to run. For me car is great and compensates the disappointing fuel Eco. I CAN afford it. Others may not be so lucky if they have really pushed their budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts