Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is quite a strange one. About 98% of the time, my Evoque kinda kicks forward when stopping or stopped in a traffic jam, Traffic Lights ect.

Basically it feels like the auto transmission is trying to ready the 1st Gear when you stop. Its like a jerky movement which you can actually feel.

Sometimes it feels like the car behind has hit you slightly.

Anyone experiencing this issue ?

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Wow......that's not right......you need to get that looked at

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well lets see if any others are experiencing the same thing and then take it from there. To be honest I have owned a few BMW's and Other Automatic transmission cars that did this so its kinda like an Auto gearbox thing but....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is something similar I found regarding the issue

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/202257-transmission-kick-before-stopping-tsb-no-ltb00101.html

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I've had new mercs, bm's and all autos and never had snatching like that?
I've had it in traction when the car is under power and it's thinking about changing up or down halfway through the box and snatches, but never as your describing and especially as it's happening more often than not. If it was mine it would be straight back to the dealer before it snatched one too many times.....just saying....
But yeah let's see if anyone else has experienced that

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
What model and year is yours?
Just wondering if it's had the sidteare update for the gearbox ?
That may help, but do you have an MY16? If so that would have already been taken care of.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a MY12 with 13000 miles. Mostly used by the wife. I will check with the dealer tomorrow just to make sure its had the update and also note it down to maybe take it in.

I believe it is a software issue but you never know....

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Argh, so it's probably out of warranty then, in which case i can see why you want to see if it's just a norm. I'm sure the latest software updates are only recent so it is worth a call.......do t know if software updates are free if out of warranty and if they relate to the MY12........
There must be some MY12'ers that can answer in the morning......

·
Super Moderator
4,908 Posts
Nedal0. I know exactly what you mean as my auto gearbox did it.
I think its as you are slowing down and come off the brakes, but then reapply them just as you are coming to a complete halt, with foot lightly on brake it does indeed sometimes feel like you have been tapped in the rear by another vehicle.
My missus Mini Cooper S does it too and that is auto gearbox.
Don't know why it does it but you are not alone.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Yes, It happens on mine, I think it is parking gear related.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for letting me know and good to hear Its not just me.

Thank youSorcererand Evo-king for confirming this.

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,598 Posts
I've never noticed it on mine and tried to replicate it today when out in it. Didn't do anything untowards. Perhaps it's a software problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi SteveD, it could be a software issue. I don't think it happens always. As Evo-king mentioned, it could also be a parking brake issue.<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">Sorcerer was spot on about it and I'll have a discussion with my service adviser at Williams Land Rover Manchester and see what they come back with.
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">I might also check TOPIX see if there anything regarding this.

Edited by: Nedal0

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Nedal0 they must have overcome it and possibly with a software issue.
Like SteveD I also tried today to replicate what was happening to yours but t couldn't.
So at the moment it doesn't happen in mine?
Even more confused now because your OP says it happens 98% of the time, which is why I said if it were mine then I'd get it checked. Now you say it doesn't happen all the time...... then it's probably not as serious as I first read in the original post.
In which case, as sorcerer said, maybe not an issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spiderman, my apologies for this as I might have over exaggerated when I said 98%. I need to have a feel for the frequency and confirm again but I'm sure its there. I think I probably have gotten used to it.

Its not a very violent kick but you can tell there's a kick.Bear in mind my engine is the 2.2 Litre 190BHP which I believe is the Ford Engine JLR have re engineered.

My Model is also the 4x4 version soI'mnot sure if this has something to do with it.

I believe Sorcerer and Evo-king also have the SD4 4x4 model ? Sorcerer and Evo-king can you please confirm ?

·
Super Moderator
4,908 Posts
Yes Nedal0 that is correct about the model of mine.
From memory if you slow down pressing slightly harder on the brakes with constant pressure and come to a halt, it doesn't do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is quite a strange one. About 98% of the time, my Evoque kinda kicks forward when stopping or stopped in a traffic jam, Traffic Lights ect.

Basically it feels like the auto transmission is trying to ready the 1st Gear when you stop. Its like a jerky movement which you can actually feel.

Sometimes it feels like the car behind has hit you slightly.

Anyone experiencing this issue ?
Hi I have the same problem , do you find a solution?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had something similar a few years back with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Turned out to be the prop shaft not 'telescoping' freely. When braking the nose goes down and the rear goes up plus the propshaft extends a little. When the car stops the rear should descend to level but the reluctance of the propshaft to compress holds the car up for a second. It then frees and slides giving the feeling of a push from behind. A modified propshaft was fitted in my case with a different surface plating which slid better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts