Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been browsing the rangerovers.net forum - especially the vitriolic "Evoque released - a sad day for Range Rover" thread. All I can say is - don't go there!

It seems the elite, RR traditionalists want nothing to do with the Evoque.
But what caught my eye, was a certain post (pardon it's woeful grammar) that addresses the reliability of the Freelander. Geez, I'm used to 100 % reliability with a history of Mazda, VW and Audi. As so many of us on this forum will be new to the brand,and will be owners of a first year model - should we be nervous? I guess time will tell - I'm still excited and counting down the days!!

"The freelander or freeloader as it has been called on other forums was and still is a disaster here in the states any one that has owned can tell you, from the bad sunroofs to the constant thermostat failures, heater cores, blower motors, ignition switches, cam seals poping out on there own, cooling fan control boxes burning up, pcv lines falling apart, vis motors constantly locking up, intake flaps falling apart, jatco trans slipping and sliding along,and engines locking up, coolant mixing with oil ,cyl sleeve that constantly seep coolant and eventualy destroy the block and lock up the cams in the heads, i really can keep going on but i was trying to make a point not start a freelander bashing fest there are plenty of other forums and class action seeking sites out there for that. and yes the car actually did very well in the rest of the world but they did not get our engine/trans combo! "

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
From my limited knowledge, I hear the Evoque is being assembled at the factory which used to build Jaguars and all the reports indicate the plant had a really good record for build quality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Evo-king said:
From my limited knowledge, I hear the Evoque is being assembled at the factory which used to build Jaguars and all the reports indicate the plant had a really good record for build quality.

Also happens to be the plant that builds the Freelander""¦. that said, how old was that quote? The first iteration of the Freelander was pretty bad ito reliability but the FL2 has come a long way.

·
10,626 Posts
Can't remember exactly, as I've read all the main UK newspaper reviews along with a number of the motoring magazines and I'm pretty sure that the common theme was that the Halewood plant was a good one.

Time to go back through all the reviews for me then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew that I was in good, knowledgeable company - you have made me feel better. And the Evoque is not the Freelander is it? Also - Internet forums are perhaps not the places to listen to stories of reliability as it's always the squeaky wheels that show up!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
berlin2010 said:
Evo-king said:

Also happens to be the plant that builds the Freelander""¦. that said, how old was that quote? The first iteration of the Freelander was pretty bad ito reliability but the FL2 has come a long way.
Oh, and the quote was from April 1st.
Oh, super - that solves it- a bad April Fools joke!
I'm choosing to forget about it - only 2 sleeps till I see the Evoque in the flesh at the Vancouver dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
THE NEW EVOQUE IS ASSEMBLED AT THE JAGUAR LANDROVER HALEWOOD PLANT ON MERSEYSIDE. This factory is regarded as one of the best plants in the world , and operates at the top end of all "LEAN MANUFACTURING " operations. 1500 new manufacturing / engineering jobs were created with the introduction of the new EVOQUE.....AND THE +20,000 ADVANCED ORDERS ARE WORTH ABOUT £2.5 BILLION TO THE BRITISH ECONOMY !! SO IT LOOKS LIKE VERY GOOD NEWS SO FAR !!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The freelander 1 had a not so good reliability record so I,ve heard, but the freelander 2 which is built at Halewood has a good reliability record, Also reviews I,ve read recently regard Halewood as a good factory.
Also the Evoque is getting the new ford engine I was told at the unleashed event which is apparently one of the best on the Market, so hopefully the combination of Halewood and Ford will make for a reliable Evoque.
Onebigjobby

·
Registered
54 Posts
The petrol engine is Ford sourced, however the Diesel is Peugeot sourced!
Range Rover reliability track record is poor, fact!

See any survey you care to mention!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes indeed the petrol engine is part of the new focus ST power plant...the diesel as you state is part pug and citroen...then put together at ford

1 - 13 of 13 Posts