Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 954px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 805px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Hi,

Just joined this forum as I'm planning on ordering my Evoque this Saturday (I'm also booked to test drive it) if I can convince myself and get over about the reliability issues of Range Rover I read on the internet.

In summary, it seems Land Rover/Range Rover is least reliable car if this study is accurate:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2024538/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-reliable-cars--reliable-manufacturer.html

Don't get me wrong, I still want to buy the Evoque but given this is a big decision for me, I want to make sure I don't end up going to the garage twice a month. Specially if I'm planning to keep this car for at least 6 years (well after the warranty period).

So for the Evoque owners out there, please can you share your experience so far with your purchase, are there any breakdowns so far if so how serious?

So far, I searched this forum and the two potential breakdown problems getting attention are gearbox problems and crunching sound (under the technical section of this forum).

Thank you in advance.

</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
56 Posts
My experience is only positive! Not one problem at all so far. The car is mine since 6th of. Januari and I 've driven 5000 kilometers so far.
****, I love the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had one problem, but it is not the fact that I have had a problem, but the way in which the dealer managed it. I have nothing but praise with my experience so far.
Note: The problem was with the smart key(s) suddenly not working at all. I had to enter the car via the lock on the passenger side, and start by holding the fob under the steering column.

Dealer fixed it (control unit faulty), and i had a Range Rover Sport Autobiography on loan.

That happened 12 days after I took delivery. I have now done nearly 5000 miles (3 months), not a problem in sight and i am extremely happy with the vehicle and performance alike.

There is far too much negativity for my liking.....

Dynamic SD4, Lux Pack, Rear Entertainment and Tow Bar.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Rodeo said:
I have had one problem, but it is not the fact that I have had a problem, but the way in which the dealer managed it. I have nothing but praise with my experience so far.
Note: The problem was with the smart key(s) suddenly not working at all. I had to enter the car via the lock on the passenger side, and start by holding the fob under the steering column.

Dealer fixed it (control unit faulty), and i had a Range Rover Sport Autobiography on loan.

That happened 12 days after I took delivery. I have now done nearly 5000 miles (3 months), not a problem in sight and i am extremely happy with the vehicle and performance alike.

There is far too much negativity for my liking.....

Dynamic SD4, Lux Pack, Rear Entertainment and Tow Bar.
I think the negativity is probably due to peoples high expectation of what is a quality brand. It is therefor only natural for people with high standards to find fault.

As I have read through the plethora of posts on this forum, the overwhelming impression is that most owners love the car. Even those with minor faults on the vehicle still endorse the Evoque. In fact most of the negative comments relate to sales staff and dealerships.

I welcome constructive critisism asit becomes auseful check list for my car when I actually get it.

I had a Merc CLK soft top that was returned to the dealers on the back of a low loader, 5 days after leaving the showroom, a complete lemon. It happens to the best!!

Edited by: BTS18

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rodeo. I agree that the negativity found in the internet needs to be put into context. There's also a factor of desirability which is hard to quantify, ie neck-twister factor of Evoque when you pass by driving it :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I'm getting a similar problem, but when in the car if I press lock/unlock buton on the key a few times when inside and then hit start it rectifies it.Only had it 2 weeks so a bit worrying.

Do you have any more details as am going to get it back to the dealer asap.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Big G,
I went out to the shops, all OK, came back, when trying to lock the car. Nothing!!!!!

Thought it may have been the fob, thankfully I was at my house. Tried the other fob, nothing!!!!

Went to get in and startcar, nothing!!!!!

Start car by placing the Fob under steering wheel, it started.

Called Land Rover Assist,here in 15 mins, did a diagnosticthe usual "no problem". He stayed to ensure no battery drain and the systems shut off properly. Locked the car manually. I could still drive it, but there was no intemitent problem like you seem to be having. I have heard of interference (withPhones etc)with the fobs not working, but not sure if that is the case with you.

My hand free doesn't work when i have the key next to my phone in my pocket. but works fine if in different pockets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I am writing this reply at midnight after getting home after my evoque dynamic plus lux sd4 manual gave up the ghost in the middle of edinburghs busiest business estate.

Received my vehicle on 17th January 2012 only done 1,086 miles and it's already in the new pentland land river garage just outside Edinburgh.

Eco engine was enabled and I had just came through a set of traffic lights, traffic was quite heavy so slowed to a stationery position, braked, and selected neutral. The traffic started again and I pressed the clutch to select 1st gear, then it happened. Large bang, clutch just floor and ceased, electronics started going haywire, electric brake activated and then a strong smell of smoke. Put hazards on got out the car in the middle of rush hour with car in the middle of one of the 2 lanes. Fluid was all over the road from under the car. Could not move the car to the side, so then endured over 2hrs of abuse from people having to move into a single lane as I awaited for land rover assist to arrive. Worst experience in any car I have owned, wish I had my Porsche again. The guy at land rover when I arrived wasn't exactly customer friendly. I hope land rover are ready to hear me tomorrow when I go in. Disappointed after such a long time waiting for this 4x4. If I could return it and choose something else I would with no hesitation. Will keep you posted as to what happens next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Dc20, oh dear! sounds like doomsday scenario of having a new car. Shame, i sincerely hope LR addresses this issue. Electronics seams to be the theme here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fingers crossed, as you likely know under the land river assist you are meant to get a hire range rover, I got a fiat punto! Meant to swapped today for a RR. Never had issues like this with merc or Porsche. Regretting my RR experience already.

Will keep this posted updated on my progress. I may just be unlucky, but there were 4 evoques in the garage for repair when I arrived with AA last night.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's all very sad but I guess with a brand new car the testers can only do so much and unfortunatly you guys that have them first are the real testers with the small faults you find being ironed out in future models.

But still a great bit of kit and although it might be broke down at the side of the road you still look cooler that some one in the same position who's in a ford.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Verysatisfied with my Evoque when I drove it home from the dealer today aftercollectingitI love the touch screen radio over head lights the drive isfantastic and so is the radio withtraffic messages that come up even with the radio off, 16 DAB presets.

·
Registered
136 Posts
12k miles in 3 months. Mechanically perfect. Not missed a beat. A few problems with leather getting stained from a black jacket, replaced, albeit at the expense of the integrity of the seat structure. Getting sorted Monday. Biggest bugbear are several creaks and rattles, namely from rear passenger side parcel shelf, just below the gear knob on the console when car is warm and somewhere near drivers side seat belt. Really annoying. Well see if they can sort this. But, car is awesome, constantly getting approached in petrol stations ( a lot of vists) and lookers on the mway assure me I made the right choice

·
Registered
7 Posts
8500 kilometres and no problems at all.
Superb ridd, love to drive it across the country.

RRE dynamic, manual gear, 2wd, fuji white, black alloys, pursuit interior

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the record, as a Ford owner for many years, it is not a position I have ever found myself in

Still looking forward to being Evoque owner though; shame I have another 10 months to wait

·
Registered
186 Posts
@JAY JAY +1.
Also had since Friday, and very very pleased. Unfortunately DAB limited in my area, but all so intuitive.

Two minor niggles - dealer had set wipers to auto, messed with setting and now can't get back to auto, and seat a little too low for me,even at highest setting. I think this is something I will get used to.

Smiled when I saw the puddle lamps in action for the first time - a not very useful feature but guaranteed to raise comment!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts