Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I booked an evoque Pure SD4, 4x4 with alloy wheel, park assist, rear cam, GPRS/WiFi, panoramic sun roof etc for $65,250/- in Middle East/GCC. Here our tax is only customs ie. 5% on import cost. However, am surprised to see the price announce in USA/Europe ranging from $30k to 44k delivered to the buyer!!. I am afraid whether the dealer here is exploiting us for the loyalty kepton the brand by several customers likeme? I bought an HSE this year already and satisfied with the car.
Can any one explain how to deal with this situation?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hi,Are you talking USD?

30k USD is only around 19k GBP which is a heck of a lot cheaper than what they start at here. I think entry level UK price is around 48 - 50K USD...

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are comparing UK and US prices, you have to take off the VAT (divide UK priceby 1.2) before converting to USD. US car prices are ALWAYS quoted without sales tax. So, Pure at £29k would translate directly to about $39k. Keep in mind too that the UK prices are on-the-road which will include registration fees and first year licence disc. US prices are "sticker prices" or MSRP and there's a raft of charges on top, including the surprising "Dealer Prep", as if they are not already making money on the thing. Finally, factor in spec differences between markets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply and inputs. We are based in U.A.E and the price given by me is USD.Regards
John

·
Registered
361 Posts
mark_n said:
If you are comparing UK and US prices, you have to take off the VAT (divide UK priceby 1.2) before converting to USD. US car prices are ALWAYS quoted without sales tax. So, Pure at £29k would translate directly to about $39k. Keep in mind too that the UK prices are on-the-road which will include registration fees and first year licence disc. US prices are "sticker prices" or MSRP and there's a raft of charges on top, including the surprising "Dealer Prep", as if they are not already making money on the thing. Finally, factor in spec differences between markets.

Yip whatever Mark says...lost me in the 1st sentence

1 - 6 of 6 Posts