·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,116 Posts
Just Maffy being gender neutral ?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Maffy being politically correct don’t make me Laugh ???

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
Thank you, thats good to know you can never tell these days-just ask Donna (Frank)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just hope they haven’t put the car together with aluminium bolts that are prone to fail!
Nothing wrong with aluminium bolts, it's the combination of aluminium and steel that Land Rover have always struggled with.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
struggling to turn my wheel HMMMUK ??? lets hope the haven’t attached these electrical components in the same way as they have my steering rack

·
Super Moderator
2,415 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think JLR need Donna's spell checker before they produce Stickers for the side of the car!
I'm not their "Reader" but that's the same vehicle as the photos I started with: Evoque PHEV seen in the wild...
Looks like the sticker may have dropped off on one side - very un-Land Rover like :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
Good Job I'm getting a Diesel hybrid then-Way to go!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can't remember what car it was but advert for "self charging EV" ???
So isn't that a diesel generator on wheels?

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
The Advert was for a Toyota thing, and that's petrol hybrid
Mine is a Merc and currently as I understand, one of the very few Diesel Hybrids available.

·
Registered
196 Posts
All this talk about electric vehicles reminds me when I work for British Railways Research Department and I think it was 1970's we had some electric vehicles (cars) in to test / evaluate, I was not on that project but I think the lack of any good mileage let them down as the battery development needed more work.

Another project was work on a 'Sodium-Sulphur' battery to run Electric trains on, The operating temperatures of 350 °C

That project was dropped after the fire brigade was called out many, many times when the battery burst in to flames (Highly toxic fumes).

21 - 38 of 38 Posts