Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first post following ordering an Evoque PHEV for September (not a chance!) delivery.

I am interested if anyone in the know can answer the following:

a) will the charging flap be on the driver's side or passenger side? In all of the videos and pictures that I have seen JLR show a left-hand drive car with the charging flap at the driver's side. Presumably the charging flap is not likely to move with a right-hand drive car and just stay in the same place?

b) is this PHEV full-time AWD or does it switch between 2WD and AWD depending on the conditions? Also, if the car relies on the PHEV battery powering the rear-mounted electric motor, can you ever be without AWD if you don't have sufficient battery charge available?

c) Can you 'demand' that the AWD kicks in and is locked?

I have had two Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV's over the last 6 years the their system uses 2 electric motors as well as a petrol engine so you are never without AWD and it is lockable. It handles snow really well and I am assuming that the Evoque will be even better!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Not many can manage to update their forum profile from the off with something meaningful! :) (y)

I think it's worth you posing those questions to your dealer and updating this thread with their answers.
As you say, the electric only drive does pose some "what/ifs?".

a)
FWIW Here's a UK registered PHEV prototype showing passenger side charging port in use which I've posted previously:

You can't see if it's LHD or RHD in that photo but this one shows the same vehicle being RHD:

c)
I'm guessing it will have similar driving modes to the existing, so you will be able to force 4WD programs.

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
317 Posts
Woohoo! A (soon to be) PHEV owner :cool:
Like you I have had a Mitsi PHEV (for 3 years) and quite liked it apart from the mediocre interior. I am really interested in anyone's experience with the P300e so good luck with it - I want one! (y)

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
847 Posts
Hello All,

This is my first post following ordering an Evoque PHEV for September (not a chance!) delivery.

I am interested if anyone in the know can answer the following:

a) will the charging flap be on the driver's side or passenger side? In all of the videos and pictures that I have seen JLR show a left-hand drive car with the charging flap at the driver's side. Presumably the charging flap is not likely to move with a right-hand drive car and just stay in the same place?

b) is this PHEV full-time AWD or does it switch between 2WD and AWD depending on the conditions? Also, if the car relies on the PHEV battery powering the rear-mounted electric motor, can you ever be without AWD if you don't have sufficient battery charge available?

c) Can you 'demand' that the AWD kicks in and is locked?

I have had two Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV's over the last 6 years the their system uses 2 electric motors as well as a petrol engine so you are never without AWD and it is lockable. It handles snow really well and I am assuming that the Evoque will be even better!

B. It’s my understanding you can select 2WD front via the petrol engine or 2WD rear via the elec motor or 4WD with both.

A. Charging flap is passenger side.

C. The way the P300e has been designed we won’t ever be without 4WD due to an additional battery as backup.

btw my ordering above is a bit wrong 😂

Plus, my P300e with extras was ordered early June with a late Nov/ early Dec delivery date as confirmed by an email from LR last Thursday.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Not many can manage to update their forum profile from the off with something meaningful! :) (y)

I think it's worth you posing those questions to your dealer and updating this thread with their answers.
As you say, the electric only drive does pose some "what/ifs?".

a)
FWIW Here's a UK registered PHEV prototype showing passenger side charging port in use which I've posted previously:

You can't see if it's LHD or RHD in that photo but this one shows the same vehicle being RHD:

c)
I'm guessing it will have similar driving modes to the existing, so you will be able to force 4WD programs.
Blimey

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
Wow ... you’ve done you’re homework before posting on this site.😂😂😂
Welcome look forward to hearing about all the stories the phew throws up...

I now have a vision of Hmmmuk smiling... saying .... eventually someone that’s listened whilst biting into a apple and smiling again.....

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Not a good image, thanks, another sleepless night!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what I did but thanks, I think!

Appreciate the replies and I will come out of hibernation sometime around Christmas. 😴😴😴

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
Lol it’s a standing joke... hmmmuk likes everyone to post there make and model before posting.... your the first without prompting 😃😃😃😃
Now he will be along to correct ...(you’re )😂😂😂
I call him the headmaster

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
😂😂😂😜 you fell for it 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morning All,

I have been looking at the cost of changing my current (I know, comedy classic) EV charging point that is strapped to the house from 16amp to 32amp. However, because I have already claimed the OLEV grant "back 'int day", well 2014, it's all rather expensive. So I am looking at just changing the tethered cable instead from a type 1 fitting to a type 2 fitting to accommodate the Evoque PHEV. This comes out at around £240 to be done properly. However, can somebody confirm if the Evoque PHEV will charge from a 16amp charging point? I am assuming that it will given that you can buy the JLR home charger cable for use with a 13amp home plug socket. Presumably if it can be charged from a 16amp station it will take around 5hrs for a full charge.

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
847 Posts
Hi @Tristar500 The answer is yes, the Evoque PHEV can be charged from a 16amp supply but it must have the type 2 cable. 5hrs is about the quoted charge time with 16amp.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Ask your electric company if they supply the 250kw Tesla electric, apparently it's much better than the 30kw E-ON stuff

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I reckon somebody will bring out an additive soon like the stuff you can buy for Diesel & Petrol, you can charge your car then connect the additive to make it 250kw.
There you go, that’s a Dragons Den project for someone 🤔😁

Reactions: ukcommander
1 - 15 of 15 Posts