Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
well I’ve had my 2022 model since feb 21. It’s now done just over 10,000 miles. I’ve been really pleased with it but recently noticed that the front and rear parking sensor are working, also, awful rubbing noise coming from low down when the engine is in use. Sometimes I can feel it thru the steering wheel. Anyway, got a call from my local JLR service centre to say that there had been 2 recalls on my model that they would require sorting at my earliest convenience. Booked it in today and asked them to check out the issues I’ve been having. They contacted me tonight to say that one of the parking sensors is not working and that if one goes out, they all stop working. As far as the noise is concerned, they raised the car up and found the front drive shaft bearing was worn hence the rubbing noise.
I was wondering if any of you have experienced this issue as I feel it’s quite early in the cars life to have a bearing go so soon. Obviously it’s all being repaired under warranty but it’s a little unnerving to have such a major component fail so soon.

appreciate your thoughts on this. Even considering rejecting the car

thanks

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
4,064 Posts
There are quite a few previous forum posts on the P300e bearing issue.

Reactions: Dansam

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Yep loads of driveshaft threads, also not sure you could reject the car after 18 months and 10,000 miles especially as its getting fixed with no quibble

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
yep .. unfortunately to fully reject a car has to be in the 1st 30 days .. I know this because we successfully rejected our Jaguar XE S
but I am sure the dealer will sort the issues out as also under warranty

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep .. unfortunately to fully reject a car has to be in the 1st 30 days .. I know this because we successfully rejected our Jaguar XE S
but I am sure the dealer will sort the issues out as also under warranty
There are quite a few previous forum posts on the P300e bearing issue.
I understand it’s getting repaired under warranty but to go after 18 months is a bit soon isn’t it? Or was it a fault during assembly? Will it go again in another 18 months when it’s outside warranty time.
btw. I rejected a ford galaxy after 18 months after a catalogue of faults occurred.

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
well we ordered a brand new mini .. and even before we drove out of the dealership the whole windscreen wiper mechanism needed changing, and then our current cooper S both side indicators filled with rain water. but after the warranty work these faults never returned
even our Z4 3.5is had a high pressure fuel pump failure with in the 1st 12 months of ownership

may be a assembly fault but you would never know .. if you like the car when in full defect free fettle I would get the repairs done and see how you feel then ..

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof. Now with spare wheel 😀.
217 Posts
The problem with the front driveshaft bearings is well known and takes a couple of hours of dealers’ maintenance time to replace. When I had mine done the dealer assured me that the replacement parts were much more robust than the originals so should not fail again.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem with the front driveshaft bearings is well known and takes a couple of hours of dealers’ maintenance time to replace. When I had mine done the dealer assured me that the replacement parts were much more robust than the originals so should not fail again.
Thanks
i spoke with the dealership this morning regarding my concerns that by the time another 10k miles has been covered it’ll be out of warranty. They said that if it were to happen again (they’ve had 3 so far), then JLR head office would be contacted for further clarification based on the cars history. Anyway, I intend taking out a warranty package after the 3 years is up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other than the above, the car performs well, it’s opened up nicely, the parts have bedded in nicely, prior to the grinding noise, acceleration was smooth and quiet, the meridian sound system is by far the best I have had in a vehicle. Clarity is excellent, base and mid section crystal clear. It’s had loads of software updates including 2 today at the dealership, something to do with the hybrid not kicking in as it should. It’s booked in for the end of the month to have the bearing and park sensors replaced. Will update you when it’s done

thanks to all who replied, most grateful

Reactions: DavidA

·
Registered
203 Posts
well we ordered a brand new mini .. and even before we drove out of the dealership the whole windscreen wiper mechanism needed changing, and then our current cooper S both side indicators filled with rain water. but after the warranty work these faults never returned
even our Z4 3.5is had a high pressure fuel pump failure with in the 1st 12 months of ownership

may be a assembly fault but you would never know .. if you like the car when in full defect free fettle I would get the repairs done and see how you feel then ..
Kaspa, where can I find your pics of your new HST?

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Thanks
i spoke with the dealership this morning regarding my concerns that by the time another 10k miles has been covered it’ll be out of warranty. They said that if it were to happen again (they’ve had 3 so far), then JLR head office would be contacted for further clarification based on the cars history. Anyway, I intend taking out a warranty package after the 3 years is up.
I have to admit I would never have one of these without warranty ....

Reactions: Doink and DavidA

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes it’s a known fault. Mine went at about 2000 miles and has been fine since the repair ( I’m now on 17000 miles)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts