Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I wonder if anyone can advise me please?
I currently have an Audi and am thinking about exchanging it for an Evoque, thing is I am after a car that offers better fuel consumption than my current car which is around 25-27mpg.
Also I am wondering how much a new set of tyres costs as I can currently (if I'm really careful) get a new set of tyres for around £800 which my car tends to get through approx every 8 or so thousand miles, how does the Evoque compare?
My last consideration is servicing, in essence how much and how often?

Would appreciate some unbiased feedback as I'm sure that if I set foot in a Land Rover dealership they will probably tell me I can get around 50+mpg, a set of tyres will cost me £2.50 and It never needs servicing. OK, perhaps not but the term rose tinted specs comes to mind..

·
Registered
118 Posts
You only get 8000 miles from a set of tyres? I am amazed. You should get much more than that and the most likely reason (aside from you driving the car hard which doesn't sound likely) is that you are driving with the tyres under-inflated which both increases the wear rate and is very dangerous because the tyres get hot. Alternatively, if the tyres are wearing unevenly, you should get the suspension geometry checked. For comparison, I get 25k miles from my Subaru Impreza, less on other cars but nothing like 8000 miles.

As for the Evoque running costs, I think mid 20s for the petrol and mid 30s for the diesel will be realistic but driving style and journey type will influence what you get. Tyres will be expensive and will depend on the wheel size but a quick check I did suggests they are £200-£250 each. Servicing is once a year or 16k miles, could be £500 for a small service and £1000 for a major one but again will depend on how fast your brakes are wearing.

Your major cost though in owning an Evoque will be depreciation. Even though the car is much in demand and will likely have better residuals, the depreciation will still dwarf other running costs.Edited by: mark_n

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. OK my current tyre wear is completely normal, perhaps a tiny bit on the high side but I also belong to a forum for that one too and my wear rate pretty much tallies with other owners so nothing to worry about there...other than cost of course!

Re consumption, I was under the impression you could get in the 30s to 40s re mpg? Despite the dealership claims of 50s and pigs flying.

Should of specified, 19" wheels.

Bloody hell, 500-1000 quid for a service!!!! What do they do, take it to pieces and put it back together again. That seems unbelievably high for early services. I don't pay that on my current vehicle, and that is very expensive to service.

Depreciation wise, well that doesn't really surprise me too much to be honest.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi,
I have an Audi A4 and its 2.0 tfsi and I have done 25000 on fronts and just changed them and have 4mm on backs.
I drive fairly quickly and am amazed you only doing 8000.
I used to have had Nissan 370Z and Mitsubishi Evo so dont hold back from driving quick
Amazed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, OK, I have an R8 and it eats tyres (as do most other R8 owners). I'd be grateful if we could get back to feedback on the Evoque please. To be honest I didn't come on here to discuss tyre wear on an Audi. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Auto Express comparative review shows the servicing costs at £273 and £360, so less than I said but the actual cost will depend on what else needs doing. My Mercedes' last service was supposed to cost £499, the actual cost was £2500.Edited by: mark_n

·
Registered
41 Posts
You have a R8 and want to exchange it for an evoque.... I don't know where you live but in Holland the R8 is 2,5 timer more expensive then a almost fully equipped Evoque ... why don't you buy an evoque for the weekend ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Traded an Audi RS4 for the Evoke. I had the same engine, tires, suspension, transmission and brakes as you if you have the 8 cylinder. In US gallons I was getting 13 mpg in the Audi rs4 and so far it looks like twice that in the Evoque. Rs4 tires were P zero Rossi and I do a twisty commit
Te and had over 12000 miles on mine. Expect all season Conti to do at least twice that. Big transition downward in power and torque.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new to this.

I got my Evoque 5dr 2.2SD4 prestige 4wdin June I've done 4,500 mile so far. Journeys have varied from short trips into town to a couple of hours on the motorway and ive been getting 34mpg.

Great car very comfortable on the long journeys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts