Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Evoque was featured on Top Gear this evening. Did well in off road even if defeated by some ludicrous terrain. Praised for its ride, interior build. James May didn't like the rear access and thought the mirrors too large (Hello? Blame EU legislators). They thought it looked fab and the 3 door especially so, even if access to rear seats difficult.

The item gives the best view yet on what the car is like to drive, the driver display and so on. I think those of us with a car on order have much to look forward to.

The programme is available on the BBC web-site and BBC iPlayer.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I think it showed it off great, I'm sure a lot won't go off road but its good to see Land Rover hasn't forgotten its roots and its more than capable.

[TUBE]KEjj6PKu_ws[/TUBE]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Though I was a good review.....not quite sure what I was expecting really.....guess Captain slow is not as enthusiastic as I !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was pleased Clarkson's sarcasm was limited to the access to the rear seats in the coupe. They had the seat set far back to maximise the time it takes the seat to move forwards. It's true though that the rear seats in the coupe are for occasional use or young childrenonly - I hardly ever take more than one in a car, so that's fine.

Don't forget Autocar's review of the Evoque is out tomorrow, Weds 13th. I would be surprised if it got less than 4 stars.Otherwise all the hype and foaming at the mouth in last week's supplement will seem so muchadvertorial (which is I guess what it was anyway). Steve Cropley's waxing lyrical writing was certainly enough to make me put afinger down my throat...

Looking at the current issue, have to saythe Q3 looks really puny up against the Evoque sofor Autocar to describe it as the Evoque's worse nightmare is over-cooking it. To think I was all set to buy one. The Evoque has been a faithful development of the original concept, not so the Audi which looks like it's come straight out of some jelly mould. Not that I'm biased...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts