Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
new to this so apologize if in wrong chat.

Have a ranger rover evoke manual... yep i know not an automatic!! only had it Aug2019. 0 miles on clock. But its already been in garage twice already. first time DPF filter light came on, and had to have a new filter, this time in again for message of reduced speed but no DPF message but LR say its the DPF again! I dont do huge mileage but do use it daily. Very disheartened, waited 10 months for it and have had so many issues already.
Anyone else have a manual with these issues. I know that DPF are a bane in diesel cars these days but surely not this much so ?

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Don't think it's anything to do with the Manual.

What mileage are your trips and how many have you done between failures?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Are you seeing an Amber DPF warning lamp - or going straight to Red?
Other LR owners have reported not seeing an Amber so don't get a chance to regen. This isn't normal and LR would need to look at this.

It's worth updating your forum signature with the vehicle spec which can help answers.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
What kind of mileage are you doing?... JLR sales are now supposed to be advising that the diesel model is not suitable for cars doing short journeys ... if you bought from them and we’re not advised then I’d consider returning car and swapping for petrol... not fit for your purpose if low mileage
That’s the first have seen on a new model if indeed this is what you have, there have been terrible reviews on the DPF system used on the 2 litre engine JLR introduced in late 2015 .. the problem has been well highlighted on here and also discovery sport forum , the way they position filter didn’t let it get hot enough to burn off particles on a regen if not enough miles are covered ... this and oil dilution have caused a lot of people so much inconvenience ...JLR have tried to cover up somewhat ... initially agreed to carry out oil changes for free then changed there literature in brochures to blame it on customer driving style ... then introduced a update that raises oil dilution from 6 to 10 %.... thought they would of rectified problem before releasing new model last year but alas they just opted to inform customers instead ...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Welcome to the strange world of JLR, the only consolation is that you are not the only one having weird problems with an Evoque (or many other JLR products)

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I did over 200 miles in my Jag F-Pace S over the weekend. The manual on that “suggests” 20 mins at 37 mpg to do a regen. At no time on the journey did I see the green symbol saying a regen had occurred! oK it’s not aa Evoque & it’s a 3ltr V6 but it should have shown it

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
veteran it will only do a regen when required not just because you’re doing a long run... that’s my understanding... ?

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
  • Thanks Donna. I’ve only done about 1200 miles since I bought it 3 months ago. 400 of that was the week after I bought it at 5350 on the clock (6500 on the clock now). The majority of that has been journeys of 3.4 miles with an occasional 10.6 miles to visit youngest son, so I think it is well over due a regen.

·
Registered
491 Posts
veteran it will only do a regen when required not just because you’re doing a long run... that’s my understanding... ?
Exactly as Donna said.
Your F-Pace has a close-coupled DPF so may well never need to do a regen.
The regen is only necessary if the DPF is getting full and in many cases it will do it without any warning lights etc.
Normally signified by a bit of a stink when you park up.
The XE is the same and it is virtually unheard of for anybody to see any amber lights needing it to be taken out for a drive to clear it out.
Don't feel you need to worry about dpf issues as yours will keep things in order all by itself.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Exactly as Donna said.
Your F-Pace has a close-coupled DPF so may well never need to do a regen.
The regen is only necessary if the DPF is getting full and in many cases it will do it without any warning lights etc.
Normally signified by a bit of a stink when you park up.
The XE is the same and it is virtually unheard of for anybody to see any amber lights needing it to be taken out for a drive to clear it out.
Don't feel you need to worry about dpf issues as yours will keep things in order all by itself.

thanks for that Phil. I did notice a bit of a funny smell on the run & said to Mrs V I think it’s doing a regen but no green light to confirm it has done it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm willing to be proved wrong but I can't recall anybody ever seeing this green light.
I know it's in the manual on later cars but I can't remember ever hearing about it.
Logic would be that after a yellow warning light saying you need to take it out and clear the Dpf you would then get a green to say it's done.
I've posted a question on the XE forums (same system as the F-Pace) to see if it has been seen.
Yellow DPF warning lights are very rare though as both cars sort themselves out most of the time.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Veteran take the hint see all those cans of deodorant Mrs V bought you for Christmas....that or stop putting Stilton in your lunchbox😂😜😜😜... a funny smell😂😂😜

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I know
I'm willing to be proved wrong but I can't recall anybody ever seeing this green light.
I know it's in the manual on later cars but I can't remember ever hearing about it.
Logic would be that after a yellow warning light saying you need to take it out and clear the Dpf you would then get a green to say it's done.
I've posted a question on the XE forums (same system as the F-Pace) to see if it has been seen.
Yellow DPF warning lights are very rare though as both cars sort themselves out most of the time.
with it being close coupled it should be ok but I do so many short journeys!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Veteran take the hint see all those cans of deodorant Mrs V bought you for Christmas....that or stop putting Stilton in your lunchbox😂😜😜😜... a funny smell😂😂😜

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,716 Posts
He's always boasting about the size of his lunchbox ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't think it's anything to do with the Manual.

What mileage are your trips and how many have you done between failures?
Hi do short trips in the week then at weekends do 20 to 40 min journeys at 40 to 60 visiting family . Amber light didnt even come on.. went straight to restricted mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum...

Are you seeing an Amber DPF warning lamp - or going straight to Red?
Other LR owners have reported not seeing an Amber so don't get a chance to regen. This isn't normal and LR would need to look at this.

It's worth updating your forum signature with the vehicle spec which can help answers.
Hi spec is r dynamic d150... no went straight to restricted mode.. no warning

1 - 18 of 18 Posts