Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've been sent this link from Land Rover for a video on You Tube announcing Evoque Live, a series of launch dates around the UK:

<blockquote style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor;">[TUBE]5FZnoPjv3B0[/TUBE]

</blockquote>The dates are London 20-22 May, Birmingham 27-29 May and Manchester 3-5 June 2011.

Does anyone know how to get tickets?

Cheers

Edited by: Dan

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Tickets are sent direct from Range Rover for those that have pre-ordered. Otherwise available online here: http://evoquelive.landrover.co.uk
Release from Range Rover:

Come and join us for a unique theatrical event that encompasses the very essence of all-new Range Rover Evoque. More than an exclusive sneak peek at one of 2011's most eagerly anticipated new vehicles, it is an immersive introduction to a new presence in the city.

Held in an intimate atmosphere with only 150 seats per show, the performance is a fully integrated and choreographed production. Featuring cutting-edge technology, professional dancers, catwalk models and performance artists, the spectacle will culminate in the Range Rover Evoque reveal. Be prepared to be mesmerised.

Afterwards, guests will be invited to enjoy refreshments in a viewing gallery, where you'll have the opportunity to see Range Rover Evoque up close and speak with some of the people involved in the development of this dynamic vehicle.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I'm hoping cameras are allowed so if anyone gets some good shots send them through and we'll get them online. I'm off to the Birmingham one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

Its May 20th. For those of you lucky enough to attend, please do not, I repeat...DO NOT FORGET your cameras. Please post images and videos. ENJOY!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had fun at Evoque Live - Earls Court this Sunday. Now to somehow get video and photo's uploaded in a viewable format.
After the initial 1/2hr catwalk show, which was actually quite entertaining, if not really about the car, we had a good half hour to pour over every detail of 3 cars on show, and not even the canapes could distract me.

I'll get some mixed quality video uploaded, which gives a first hand perspective of features, general Joe Publics opinion and some other babble.

I have lusted after the coupe since LRX previewed, and even though I have a 4yr old daughter, I'm sure it can be made to be practical.

All in all, only a couple of things dissapointed on the car and these are coupe specific;

Electric Front seats need to be tilted forward and then take an age to electrically move forward to enable access to the rear. My previous Merc.CLK had a better system, which hinged the seat forward to enable easier access.

Rear window doesn't open in any way! So whilst sunroof is brilliant, essentially you're left with 2 front windows to open or aircon.

Happily answer any questions I can with my opinions.

G.

·
Registered
70 Posts
G. Thanks for feedback above, just out of interest what were the colours on the 3 at the show and what was your opinion of them (colours)?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Evoque Live Feedback : There are six cars on show. There is a room next door with 3 more. My wife & I had a tip off and got 25 minutes alone with the three cars in the second room, before suddenly it filled up when we went back to the first room and were alone again to crawl all over the first 3 cars. According to the sales guys there are no problems with manufacture apart from paint and very first batch being an educated estimate of balance between models.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
4 Posts
Black, was apparently Barola? Black, (not sure as website lists Sumatra Black), which apparently has hints of red fleck, which may give it a slight tint in the sunlight. Black does what black does in being safely sexy and macho I think.
The Red Coupe was pleasnatlynot too brash as it appears on my PC screen, not bad actually and contrasts nicely with the gloss black grills, and gloss black window line.

The other I think was silver, which in Pure form, which didn't get much of my attention.

Didn't see a 2nd room of cars, so might have missed a trick.

Whilst keen to get one on order, I am inclined to wait to see a few more in the flesh, with a few combinations like you see on the mini.

I'm inclined to go with a Dynamic Coupe in Orkney Grey to avoid the obvious Black, Silver or White, whilst still giving the car a more masculine look, and allowing gloss black and silver trim to contrast.

G.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Colours on show were Fuji White with Spirit (prestige coupe) Firenze Red with Verve (dynamic coupe) Indus Silver with Cirrus (pure 5 door) Barolo Black with Coture (prestige 5 door) another Firenze Red (5 door) and another silver, I think.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gemini666: If you are going by my Barolo call, you could well be right. I'm no black lover and as the car was a prestige and I knew Santorini was not available I assumed it was Barolo. Orkney grey is a good shout. Grey will be the new black I believe. I was curious to see the dynamic dash which was not a rippled texture as I have seen in photos but a grained texture, which seems an improvement from the rippled photos, but still nowhere near as good as the prestige oxford leather, which I can't have as we want a petrol. Prestige plus is too dark and have just seen Mercedes is launching a 4WD Coupe AMG 350bhp new A class in the spring - may order & cancel Evoque as my dealer cannot give me a delivery date despite placing an order in early June 2010.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let me explain Dan- My wife wants a small prestige 4WD coupe, preferably a Mercedes as we already have 2 Merc AMG's. Mercedes has not made a small prestige 4WD until the article in this weeks Auto Express revealed the launch of a 4WD Coupe A Class AMG in the Spring, so we are now thinking of cancelling Evoque Dynamic LUX Coupe, as it has been on order for 50 weeks and although we are the 1st on the list, we cannot get the truth of why we cannot be on the first production run, nor can we get abuild date forecast. With no build date I can't even sell at a premium! lol<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

1 - 13 of 13 Posts