Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my new Evoque in 2017 and never used the spare fob. Tried it last week as mislaid original fob, did not work so replaced the battery with a duracell 2032, still nothing.
I have two years extended Land Rover warranty. Phoned up local deal er who said they would check the battery I installed. I drove out there and they refused to even look at the fob, and wanted to charge me an hour's labour to sort.Is the battery the issue? And when I asked the question about it being covered in extended warranty they said they didn't know and I would need to pay just under £200 for a diagnostic test (or pro rata).
Help!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
So the first thing I would do would be to test the battery you’ve installed, or if that’s not possible for you, then get another brand new battery and fit that & try again. If the battery is not the problem, I would contact JLR customer service & ask them to intervene as you shouldn’t be paying extortionate fees for something that should be covered under warranty. If all else fails, demonstrate to the dealer that the battery is ok by using it in another device, and ask the dealer if the remote is covered under the extended warranty if the battery is not at fault. Then once you’ve demonstrated the battery is ok get them to sort the issue foc under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts