Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all Evoque owners. 5 days ago we picked up our brand
new diesel Range Rover Evoque Dynamic. All was going beautifully and it certainly is a car to be proud of. However, this afternoon we drove it off our drive and round the corner and then the engine completely cut out and we were unable to go any further. Message screen indicated gearbox fault and therefore it has now had to go back to a Land Rover dealer to find out where the problem is. Really gutted that this has happened an was wondering if any other Evoque owners have experienced
the same problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, same thing happened to me yesterday. Waiting for green light in an intersection when I heard a beep and the message appear: "GEARBOX FAULT". Blocked that intersection for one and a half our!!! A lot of angry drivers: "What a great car!... get it out of the road! You are blocking two intersections! What the f...k are you doing in the middle of the road!" and then the policeman: "Come on men, there is no way to put it in neutral to get it out of the road?!" my answer was of course: "no way! NO WAY TO PUT THIS CAR IN NEUTRAL IF THE GEARBOX IS DOWN!"
My car is 1.055km old! ...and after that I'm 5years older than yesterday!!! ...

PS: ... intersections are better than tunnels...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh no hope this is not a sign of things to come. There's not that many people on this forum with Evoques so it's worrying that 2 already have this problem. A friend of mine had loads of problems with his Jag auto which put me off buying the auto version.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we've also got a Jag XF auto which we've had for almost 2 years and (touch wood) we've never had a problem. After today's experience though we've learnt how to get into neutral after the
Evoque seized up. You have to switch ignition on without pressing brake pedal. Once ignition is on you then press brake pedal down and at the same time bring the paddle gear selector towards you and hold that position for 10-15 seconds. The centre gear selector then rises and enables you to select neutral which then allows the release of the electric hand brake so then you can move the car out of the way which will hopefully avoid having to deal with other angry drivers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My husband had an XKR and thankfully that didn't happen to him, but he, like you has been great at advising 'tricks' to get out of situations. I assume that pulling the paddle acts like an 'override' - how scary though. I hope you got home safely and still feel confident driving the car from now on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I also got a XF for 3y and lots of problems but never let me down in the middle of the road! That procedure described by you never work in my case! The selector rises, turns in any position but doesn't work!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Tootsie, once we get the Evoque back I'll let you know if I've lost my confidence in it. Deck: Was
you able to release the electronic hand brake once the gear selector rose? That's all you can do with it at that point but at least it gives you a chance to get out of the way. I really hope this is just a one-off glitch otherwise I'll be having a few words with Land Rover!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes! I was very able to release the EPB but because the actuator doesn't move the shifts, gearbox was blocked and same the wheels... My transmission was blocked!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The problem is there is no problem! NO MORE "GEARBOX FAULT" on the first start in service! Can you imagine that?! Because nobody knows what was wrong, now I have to drive a car that could let me down in any moment... hope not in a tunnel! I'm very anxious to know LR answer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here got my dynamic Tuesday just getting used to it when it broke down showing gear box fault on Thursday. Can't believe after only 1.5 days it's in the garage what is this problem does anyone know ?

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
This TCM reconfiguration doesn't "protect" me because my gearbox broke down a day after... ! So...

·
Registered
21 Posts
In my case LR asked for an actuator replacement (a module - electrical engine - witch directly command the gearbox)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Firenze: Thanks so much for the advice. Will keep you posted if LR come up with the same answer.

Colmarbar:What a scenario eh?! Who'd have thought we'd have problems so soon! Definitely takes the fun out of having a brand new car eh. LR told us on Friday that they needed to get advice from LR's tech people at head office as they didn't know what the problem was and because it was Saturday yesterday obviously no one's available! Waiting to hear from them tomorrow so please keep me posted on your situation as well so we can compare notes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi evoque fan I know is disappointing isn't it? I will keep in touch to let u know what happens with me it is all quite concerning

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Colmarbar. Don't know how things at your end but LR have been in touch today to say it was a fuel pump fault. They've had to order one in which should arrive tomorrow so fingers crossed they get it right!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts