Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Autobiography SD4 2.0 Auto with as many extras as I could find.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Couldn’t work out how to share this from FB.

comments seem to indicate it may have been the DPF.

World Font Automotive tire Wood Screenshot

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,718 Posts
oh dear hope no one was hurt :(

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Depending on the year of the car, it could be an early 2011 Evoque, where a bad batch had fuel pipe disconnect problems over a hot engine, that ended up on fire. There was a recall on these cars, but some might have never been sorted. Here is the famous clip from Dubai 2011...

·
Registered
2018 Autobiography SD4 2.0 Auto with as many extras as I could find.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you look for Wareham fire station on Facebook there is a short video and lots of comments

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,718 Posts
wow .. just had a look and they only bought it a couple of months ago .. but glad no one was hurt as metal can be replaced but people can't ... although it's not confirmed it was the DPF it's just what he's thinking it must have been .. as his quote was
"Everyone. It was my parents car. They had just driven from Weymouth and the DPF was smelling on the way and when they stopped there was smoke coming from under the bonnet. They got out and in the house before it went up. Everyone ok but a bit shaken."
then went on to say that his parents didn't know anything about the DPF
"My parents didn’t even know what DPF regen was until s couple of weeks ago. Maybe dealers should advise on these things when they sell a car. And the engine wasn’t stopped before it caught it was still running"
I'm just glad they are ok at the end of the day ..

Reactions: Nigelk

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Glad your parents were OK.

Just hope their car insurance pays out enough to get another replacement equivalent car.

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Depending on the year of the car, it could be an early 2011 Evoque, where a bad batch had fuel pipe disconnect problems over a hot engine, that ended up on fire. There was a recall on these cars, but some might have never been sorted. Here is the famous clip from Dubai 2011...
From the remaining wing mirror it looks like a its a 2013ish or later, the recall was around this time 2016 which had the fuel pipe recall. The first ones (late 2011) did not suffer with this.

So it's possible...

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,718 Posts
Glad your parents were OK.

Just hope their car insurance pays out enough to get another replacement equivalent car.
they weren't my parents .. sorry I was just saying what the author of the post was saying :)

Reactions: colin4x4
1 - 8 of 8 Posts