Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm looking to change my Evoque, I have a 13 reg pure tech at the moment and I'm looking to go to a 17/18 plate but have noticed on on some of the cars they have a wider entertainment screen without the side panel buttons.
Does anyone know when they changed this or is it just for certain models.

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think it was an upgrade, standard on certain models and an option on others.
Of course I may be totally wrong but someone will come along and put me right :p

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've seen 16/66 plates with the 10" touch pro screen yet 17/67 plates still with the older screen with the buttons down the sides, and it varies from SE Tech's to HSE LUX's, I don't think it was ever a cut off point

We have a MY16 65 plate HSE Dynamic LUX so a good spec but it has the smaller screen, if you were looking at a 17/18 plate I'd like to think it would have the 10" screen

·
Super Moderator
10,716 Posts
I agree with Doink. I think the widescreen came out for the 2017 model so about Septembe/October 2016

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've seen 16/66 plates with the 10" touch pro screen yet 17/67 plates still with the older screen with the buttons down the sides, and it varies from SE Tech's to HSE LUX's, I don't think it was ever a cut off point
On my 2018 SE Tech it was an expensive extra which I'm delighted the first owner paid for! :)

EG

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Likewise, I am delighted the previous owner of my car stumped up £1200 for the LED headlight upgrade

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there any way of finding out what was spec at order. I have a dynamic Lux but also stuff like head up display traffic sign recognition.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Google 'TOPIx' and create a login as an independant, you'll need your chassis number but once in you'll be able to access the build details and lots more

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi All,

I'm looking into buy an MY17 Evoque and the dealers don't seem to be able to answer my spec related questions. Is there any way that you can see the original spec on a car by just using the registration rather than the VIN/Chassis number?

TIA

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hi All,

I'm looking into buy an MY17 Evoque and the dealers don't seem to be able to answer my spec related questions. Is there any way that you can see the original spec on a car by just using the registration rather than the VIN/Chassis number?

TIA
They sound like good dealers!
You'll need the VIN, it's displayed on the dash behind the windscreen so just make a note or take a photo :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ta for the reply, it's several dealers unfortunately! Maybe I'm asking too difficult a question?! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to find an MY17 Autobiography/Dynamic Lux with the magnetic dampers that I believe are called Magneride or Adaptive Dynamics. Is that right?

Is there a way you can tell by just looking at the vehicle as it doesn't appear so? I've seen one that had 5 buttons on the Terrain Selector (below the rotating gear selector) with the far left being a wiggly road and that had Adaptive Dynamics but several vehicles that claim to have the Magneride dampers whilst only having the normal 4 buttons on the Terrain Selector panel. It's quite confusing! :unsure:

·
Registered
36 Posts
To try and help with the original question, mine had the newer screen 10", no side buttons. It was built in September 2016.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Is the
Ta for the reply, it's several dealers unfortunately! Maybe I'm asking too difficult a question?! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to find an MY17 Autobiography/Dynamic Lux with the magnetic dampers that I believe are called Magneride or Adaptive Dynamics. Is that right?

Is there a way you can tell by just looking at the vehicle as it doesn't appear so? I've seen one that had 5 buttons on the Terrain Selector (below the rotating gear selector) with the far left being a wiggly road and that had Adaptive Dynamics but several vehicles that claim to have the Magneride dampers whilst only having the normal 4 buttons on the Terrain Selector panel. It's quite confusing! :unsure:
I believe that claim to be wrong, no centre light no dynamic

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I haven't got a 'Dynamic' so I'm not up to speed with this - but I think I'm right in saying Dynamic doesn't necessarily mean the vehicle has a 'Dynamic Mode' these days - i.e. No adaptive dynamic suspension, which is what you are after.
So you are right to check.

There are a number of people here who will be able to help more.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ours is a dynamic in name but hasn't got the dynamic suspension hence no 5th light by the gear stick, I think from MY16 onwards it became an option even though they kept the dynamic name, I think I'm right in saying the first gen evoque had dynamic suspension as standard in the 'dynamic lux', where as in the 2nd gen 'hse dynamic lux' like mine it became an option.

So all 1st gen dynamic lux's should have it but not so on the 2nd gen where it was an option and I believe the way to tell if it was spec'd is to look for that extra light in the middle of the 4, no light then no dynamic, you can of course check on TOPIx for the original build sheet but you'll need the vin

·
Super Moderator
10,716 Posts
Correct Doink. Dynamic suspension std with the 2.2 diesel but became an option late 2015 for MY16 facelift when the 2 litre diesel models arrived. Re the widescreen sat nav, that came out on 2017 model Dynamic, Dynamic Lux & Autobiography models but was an option on SE Tech models from the same time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ours is a dynamic in name but hasn't got the dynamic suspension hence no 5th light by the gear stick, I think from MY16 onwards it became an option even though they kept the dynamic name, I think I'm right in saying the first gen evoque had dynamic suspension as standard in the 'dynamic lux', where as in the 2nd gen 'hse dynamic lux' like mine it became an option.

So all 1st gen dynamic lux's should have it but not so on the 2nd gen where it was an option and I believe the way to tell if it was spec'd is to look for that extra light in the middle of the 4, no light then no dynamic, you can of course check on TOPIx for the original build sheet but you'll need the vin
Yes, I think that is correct too. Wanted to make sure I had the right understanding...

I've just checked one of them out on TOPIx that claimed to have the Magneride Dampers and it doesn't have as on there it states "Less Adaptive Damping (Passive)", so I guess the dealers haven't checked properly. :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Getting back on thread a bit...:)

For the InControl Pro 10.2" screen which is the one without the buttons down the side, do you have to pay a subscription to JLR for any of the features/services? If so, how much is it and what do you lose if you don't pay?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I can only assume the salesman hasn't got a clue what he's selling and that because it's a dynamic lux he thinks it must have dynamic suspension, that would have been the case with the 1st gen 2.2 engine but became an option in the 2nd gen, ask the salesman how you activate dynamic mode, let's see him squirm LOL!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts