Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have a range rover evoque 2 litre diesel on a 17 plate the car has done 21000 miles and the red warning light has come on saying the dpf is full. called the aa out and they said it is 103%full. no amber warning first wnet straight to red.is this normal and would it be covered by the manufactures warrantee
yours
wayne jan

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
Hi "103%" - that really is full!? o_O

This has come up a few times in the past - i.e. No amber warning straight to red.
Not sure if a forced regen will help that and most dealers are in lockdown?
I think a few LR owners have managed to make a claim after a struggle but I don't expect it will be easy.

Have you had any previous DPF issues?

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
4 Posts
Currently going through similar problems with a six week old Evoque, supposedly there’s a known fault with the new cars but they don’t know which ones! Only done 700 miles and had assist out three times now, car goes into fault when trying to auto Regen the filter. Having to manually clear the filter every other day until we can have the fault repaired. Not impressed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi "103%" - that really is full!? o_O

This has come up a few times in the past - i.e. No amber warning straight to red.
Not sure if a forced regen will help that and most dealers are in lockdown?
I think a few LR owners have managed to make a claim after a struggle but I don't expect it will be easy.

Have you had any previous DPF issues?
hi no previous issues but the car was recalled about 4 months ago to reset the emmisions as per land rover request

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
I'm not sure if your dealer is closed with lockdown as ideally you need to speak to them?
If you have an active LR Assist plan you could try them as well - if you are lucky they might be able to force a regen - but with it being that full I think they would normally take it to a dealer.

What advice did the AA give you after they took a look?

Remember to update your thread with how things go to help others as questions are often left unanswered :)

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
136 Posts
Currently going through similar problems with a six week old Evoque, supposedly there’s a known fault with the new cars but they don’t know which ones! Only done 700 miles and had assist out three times now, car goes into fault when trying to auto Regen the filter. Having to manually clear the filter every other day until we can have the fault repaired. Not impressed
How are you manually clearing the filter Graeme ?
Thanks, Robbie.

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
4 Posts
Yes, can you manually do it??
Assist told me to get engine to temperature set cruise control to 65mph and drive for roughly 15-20mins. Not ideal but needs must, car is bringing on the Amber engine management light not the DPF light. Hopefully get answers this week on the timescale to repair. Did note that since the problem the AdBlue and Service requirements aren’t dropping rapidly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As I understand it that action creates the correct environment for an auto regen (i.e. a hot exhaust and a constant steady speed), which is something I do once a month anyway.

I would have thought that if your dpf is not completing a regen, then this wouldn't help.

Not that I know what I'm really talking about :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
When mine blocked the dealer drove it up the A1 and back for 20 mins at 41mph. Wether they did anything else I don’t know but it cleared it without needing to replace it.

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
4 Posts
As I understand mine is not actually blocked? The ECU attempts a regen then enters fault. Land Rover assist claim it would have been a simple fix if caught prior to the fault light? As it’s in fault it stops automatically trying to clear hence why he’s told me to drive for 20mins every other day to keep the filter down.

not happy with the attitude of the customer service team who automatically questioned “driving style” Land Rover assist engineer couldn’t have been anymore helpful.

·
Registered
602 Posts
It sounds like there is a faulty sensor somewhere hence why you are getting the engine management warning light and not the DPF amber or red lights.
As you say doing a regen as per the advice is the only way to get the sensor "back in its box"
Land Rover assist should also have plugged into the car to see which fault code(s) have been logged from the EML warning which will show what's up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just a q, uick update on the dpf. spoke to the manager at land rover Cardiff yesterday and he advised me to call road assistant out again .they came this morning and said the dpf was faulty. I asked if it should be under warranty as apparently there is a problem with the dpf on my model. he said it should be so I have to wait till next week to book it in with landrover when its done I will update the forum
yours
wayne

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
4 Posts
Similar issue with ours, Land Rover claimed they can’t fix anything without the dealers being open, Parks ayr arranged a morning to look over the car. They ordered in various parts based on the reports from assist, car basically had the DPF replaced, cooler and some other injector part along with various sensors. Dealer said all the fault codes where related but the code for driving style wasn’t showing so hopefully that’s it all good now. Need to wait on dealer reopening for a few other bodywork issues discovered.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Guy Salmon Wakefield JLR are re-opening next Wednesday 13th, so I would think most, if not all other JLR dealers will follow suit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guy Salmon Wakefield JLR are re-opening next Wednesday 13th, so I would think most, if not all other JLR dealers will follow suit.

Guy Salmon in Maidstone too, Mines in on the 15th for some warranty work.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mines in on 14th 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
car went into stratstone Cardiff today and the dpf was changed under warranty. very happy now and must say excellent service by them

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
car went into stratstone Cardiff today and the dpf was changed under warranty. very happy now and must say excellent service by them
Thanks for updating - result!

PS It's worth updating your forum signature so people can see which model/spec you have :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
So now they have a fault code for driving style, at which update was that sneakely installed and is only there because of JLR's incompetence once they became aware of oil dilution

1 - 20 of 20 Posts