Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ive got an order in for an Evoque Si4 Dynamic but i cant decide on a 3dr or 5 dr i know the 3 looks better and 5 is more practical. Im just wondering how long the front doors are on each ? Can anyone measure the door length and post them please. Just so i can work out the space for getting in and out in my garage and then i can finally decide even though i have not done my final order yet due march or so

·
10,626 Posts
Wow that's the first time some one has asked that question.

I might suggest you also find out the width of the Evoque, 2125mm inc mirrors, 1965mm with mirrors folded as apparently this is wide compared to other cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your planning on using the rear seats regularly I would have a good look at the practicality of the 3 door.

Even with the front seat memory set to full forward it takes some time getting there and then access is quite restricted. On a test drive I asked my 5 year old to get in the back and it was immediately obvious that getting in and out in the pouring rain would be a pain in the backside.

I understand your predicament may not be with the use of the rear seats but it's worth bearing in mind.

Oh, and in answer to your question my 5 door measures 108cm at the longest point.

With the door open to the first 'notch' (a squeeze to get in but ok) the door swings out about 50cm

With the door open to the second 'notch' (comfortable entry/exit) you need 70-70cm clearance. Edited by: Big Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I toyed with the idea of a Coupe purely on the looks. But having owned a Scirocco and a BMW123D Coupe in the past, the memories of trying to get in and out of the FRONT seats with this country'sridiculousparking slots with the long doors soon gave me a reality check. My current Kuga has never proved to be a problem in this respect.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agreed - I'm at the end of several Audi A4 Cabrioand now one A5 Cabrio - the doors are very long and you learn to choose parking spots carefully.

3 door cars with electric seats are a pain in the rear (and elsewhere) whenever rear seat access is required quickly - i.e. a passenger wants to get in an it is chucking it down with rain..... that seat gently motors forward and backwards and you are standing there getting wet....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, anyone with the 3dr measurement ? Im thinking about the sports seats aswell so with the slow electric motors a 5 door might be best, i dont carry passengers often

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fully agree with Malph's points above, plus the Evoque feelsquite wide to start with when parking in bays, so taking the size of the coupe doors into account it can be tricky getting in and out.

I did try to get in and out of acoupe during one of the experience days and no matter how incredibly cool the car looks, the sight of me climbing out the back arse first would be unlikley to help me retain any street cred!

However, I can see why people prefer the Coupe, so its just a case of personal choice and how much/who would be using the rear seats.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone with a 3 door measurement PLEASE

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi.
Three door.

Taking the maximum, along the line of the door handle, they are 132 cm or 52 inches.

Let me know if you need more measurements

Regards

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi. Three door width.
Taking the maximum, along the line of the handle, they are 132cm, or 52 inches

Let me know if you need anymore measurements.

Regards

·
Registered
81 Posts
Enthusiastic fingers meant I sent my door sizes twice, sorry.
Having the three door, is a challenge.

Had more passengers than ever since getting the car, and although 99% of the time it is just me in the car, when I have had passengers, the slow movement of the seats is frustraiting.

I have had two ladies stuck! One rather chunky but agile golfer, and another slim young and agilie golfer but after a few glasses of wine! Sitting comfyin my drivers seat it is hard to resist a gentle push from behind, but I leavethe passengersto sort themselves out save a headfirst dive onto the tarmac!

That said, everyone loves the look of the coupe. My car is still a head turner.

Do check the differences on the 4 door, you don't get the silver bonnet air intakes, which look nice too.

.....and beautifully clean after some TLC earlier today...!
Th

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much Sooty so there is 24cm differnce inbetween the 3 and 5 door, i think if i go for the SI4 it will be 3 door or if i go for the diesel 190bhp it will be a 5 door. Luckily ive still got a few months to finally decide, decisions decisions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts