Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been looking to change my car and first looked at the Evoque a few months ago.I dismissed it thinking access would be to high (as Idrive my mum about sometimes who is in her 80's access is an issue). As a BMW fan I tried the X1 liked the drive, not the looks (X3 was too high), tried the Q3 liked the interior not sure about the exterior,access was great on X1 and Q3, but my heart was with the Evoque. Took my mum to Landrover whosuggested we usea 4 inch step at a Freelander which is higher than the Evoque by 4 inches approximately.This made access possible and the Evoque 1st on my list.

Have now had access to the Evoque with great success. I finalised my choice and options with dealer but no test drive yet. I am reluctant to place the order without a test drive, won't get a drive until launch in September. I don't think it will be an issue having read about forum members drivingexperiences.

Thanks

Mike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mike,

My mum is 79 and has motability problems also and she can get into my currentKuga fine. Having seen and driven the Evoque yesterday at the experience day in York I am confident thatshe will be able to manage in the Evoque asthey appear to be very similar for access.

You should get yourself down to Land Rover and get the order in ASAP. I amso confident that you wont be dissapointedwhen drivingthe carthat if it arrives and you are not 100% over the moonI will give you your **money back myself!

** I am lying about this part.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ceebee,
Good to talk to someone who has driven the Evoque, sounds like you had a great day. The salesman at Landrover was only getting a drive on Thursday/Friday. He is going to ring me tomorrow with his opinion, not likely to be bad.

Have you had a delivery date for yours?

The money refund would have been a great incentive though.

Thanks

Mike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mike

I have an SD4, Pure on order and have been told December delivery, but i am unsure if this will happen as I was originally told it would be next March when i paid my deposit in May.

The car was great to drive and you really get the feeling that you are in something special when you are out and about in it (especially when being followed by 20 other Evoques).

Was a great day and I am very thankful to LR for inviting me. Its a **** site more than Ford did when I got the Kuga. It was a 10 min test drive with a disinterested salesman who didnt know anything about the Kuga as he said"it isn't for sale for another month"?

·
Registered
68 Posts
ceebee said:
Mike,

My mum is 79 and has motability problems also and she can get into my currentKuga fine. Having seen and driven the Evoque yesterday at the experience day in York I am confident thatshe will be able to manage in the Evoque asthey appear to be very similar for access.

You should get yourself down to Land Rover and get the order in ASAP. I amso confident that you wont be dissapointedwhen drivingthe carthat if it arrives and you are not 100% over the moonI will give you your **money back myself!

** I am lying about this part.
[/QUOTE = Lulu] Hi Guys, I am quite petite, so access (in a ladylike manner) is quite important to me and as I haven't had my test drive yet, your comments have beenreassuring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ceebee, your comments are encouraging. I think I am sold on it. I am ordering the same model as you with an auto box possilbly in orkney grey. Dealer has told me if I order now it should be available in January, maybe different here than on the UK mainland. Suits me after the New Year.
You have had a long wait since paying your deposit, but I am sure it will be worth it. I agree with you about LR they have been very helpful to me so far. I have already traded my car in with them they drove me home about 15 milesin a Rangerover Sport.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Lulu,My Mum is just under 5ft. She managed to get in easily but had a little trouble getting out more to do with her mobility I think.Shewas able to doboth unaided which is great. I don't think it will be an issue for you.
Mike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mike said:
Hi Lulu,My Mum is just under 5ft. She managed to get in easily but had a little trouble getting out more to do with her mobility I think.Shewas able to doboth unaided which is great. I don't think it will be an issue for you.
Mike.
Thanks for that Mike, it is amazing the things we have to consider when buying a new car :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Guys,
Obviously we are only talikng about the front (or rear) on a 5 door here? The coupe is very tight to get out of the rear and it is not a cool look getting out of a car arse first (pardon my French).

Mike, if you dont mind me asking, are you saying that LR have taken your old car as P/Ex now rather than waiting until january? I would be interested in doing this as my Kuga is effectively losing money every month meaning I have to borrow more for the Evoque the longer I wait?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The LR dealer is not of course going to sell the car, they just factor it into the trade and give you a proportion of the price they get, keeping the rest for their effort and connections. If you have no use for the car you wish to trade, it makes sense to move it on sooner rather than later. Just don't expect the dealer to let you have the cash in the meantime or be especially helpful if you decide to cancel your order.

I'm taking a different approach which is to pile on the miles on the car I'll be losing because those miles will likely be cheap in depreciation terms but since the value of that car is £3-4k, it's really neither here nor there. I'll be sad to see my Subaru Impreza go though. It might just pay for the laundry list my Mercedes Dealer has presented me with today. £3k and counting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ceebee said:
Obviously we are only talikng about the front (or rear) on a 5 door here? The coupe is very tight to get out of the rear and it is not a cool look getting out of a car arse first (pardon my French).
Just as there's a danger having a spare room in your home - people come and outstay their welcome - so having too comfortable rear seats and easy access turns you into a taxi service. The Coupe rear seats are for occasional use only in my book.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ceebee, yes LR took my car about 4 weeks ago, theycleared the outstanding finance I had, held £1000.00 refundable deposit and paid me the rest. I have paperwork confirming that the deposit was refundable if the Evoque wasn't suitable. I know I could have tried to sell my car privately but I was concerned about how long that might have taken. So I am saving on the finance payment and the depreciation. My car was in 1st class condition so I did get top book price for it but the deposit is now fixed as I took your advise and ordered the Evoque first thing this morning. Can I hold you to the refund if I don'tlike it?Mike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi mark_n,I agree with you about the rear seats my last car was a coupe convertible which some people had difficulty with. I did have to lower the roof for some? I am going from 2 cars to 1 and need the rear seats with easy access so I have ordered the 5 door. I see you are getting the coupe, looks great. How long will you be waiting from paying your deposit?
Mike.

Edited by: Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just picturing the "arse first" but picture my 98 year old dear old Mother sliding out of the rear feet first just like on a child's slide but her dress riding up to her waist as as it catches the fine leather seat and her heels hit the floor! NOT a pretty sight....
...and she'd want to drive it!<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

Edited by: OBC23

·
Registered
154 Posts
HiHad similar issues with my diminutive wife who is disabled and has issues with access and egress of many vehicles. the answer for us was to fit sidesteps. not he cheap chinese stuff you see on ebay but proper designed to fit and substantial ones manafactured in uk by sidesteps uk in wolverhampton. somewhere else on the site i have posted pics which you may care to look at if you wish. very happy with them.
main thing is you've definitely decided on the right car in the first place

1 - 16 of 16 Posts