Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
landrover will unvail a range rover evoque convertible concept at the 2012 Geneva motor show, The evoque convertable concept vehicle will explore the potential for the worlds first premium convertible SUV.The soft-top convertible concept will be bases on the range rover evoque coupe, It features a fully retractable premium roof system with a roll overprotection system. There is no production plans confirmed for the evoque convertible concept as about 3 years of developement will happen first.....but watch this space....

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry 'bolsox' I've duplicated your link. Wasn't there when I started to write the post.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Would I get one? Probably not. Too bulked up for my convertible taste. I presently have a VW Eos. One of the MAJOR SUV features I need is a open back fold down rear seat area for bigger load hauling.

With the top down folding gear in the way (even with the top up), this rear storage area would either not exist or be severely restricted to a narrower tunnel (assuming the rear seats could still fold down with the top up. Top down, forget about it.

In my mind, this will cripple the whole SUV Evoque experience.

I'll pass. Still, kind of cute. As to the world's first SUV convertible, I think Nissan already had plowed this ground with their Murano convertible.

http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/variant/index

Edited by: Starflyer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey no worries BTS18! My link didn't work correctly anyway!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Although I quite like the look of the convertible, I don't get it. I know that there have been soft/open top land rovers in the past but a vehicle like the Evoque as a soft top in the SUV market does not make sense?
Probably just me?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't think it is for the UK market.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Maybe it's going to be a beauty queen parade car for outback in the rough and mud.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Also from AE;Land Rover are still calling the Evoque a concept, but we already know that the firm has developed a Roll Over Protection System for the car, hinting at how close it really is to production.<div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; "><br style="line-height: 1.22em; ">
<div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; ">The firm also claims that, despite losing the rigidity that comes with a solid roof, the Convertible will be just as good on and off-road as the standard car.
<div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; "><br style="line-height: 1.22em; ">
<div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; ">When / If the soft-top Evoque goes on sale sometime later this year, expect it to top the range with a price-tag of around £40,000.

·
Registered
45 Posts
To be fair that looks pretty cool. May be not so good for the crappy uk weather but great for abroad. Would I have one. Yeah I think I would.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was fascinated with the pictures in the papers yesterday. I think it looks very cool. If I lived abroad where weather is good I would be ordring one now!, being in theUK, probably not, but LR have done another great design and will it sell - I think it will be a massive hit.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts